FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,463 Posts
It would have ben better if he took it off and put in the glove box before getting out of the vehicle. Personal opinion but I think law enforcement handled this correctly.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't leave mine in the car even for a minute because b&e only takes a second and then a criminal has the gun. That's my personal practice, it's not for everyone. I carry mine in a laptop bag if I'm not wearing enough to conceal.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I appreciate the way the district handled this, but I have to hope that the person(s) who freaked and called the police feel just a wee bit sheepish.

Of course, that would assume regular folks still have a consciousness, and I seem to be getting fooled by this notion more and more… ;)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ohio law allows people with a concealed weapon permit to come onto school property/school zone with a concealed weapon so long as they are in the process of picking up or dropping off a child, provided that they do not enter a school building.

Im glad to know this now

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
It needs to be concealed-- I can't imagine this is the first time someone has carried concealed on the campus-- but maybe first time it was caught. I'm glad to hear in the article that they have an armed officer on the campus.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Here in Michigan, parents with a CCW can open carry into the school. Not allowed to conceal carry it. Those without a CCW are not permitted to have a firearm in the school.

It has caused some issues and principles asking the parent to leave/not carry in the school, which the person then has to follow (or risk being charged with trespassing at that point).

Seems like most of those people just don't want to know. Ignorance is bliss, right? Unfortunately too many people take that perspective to their own and families protection. :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts