FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ha! After joining this forum because I bought my PS90, I then got an FNX40 which snowballed to a 5-7. Now, it seems I just made a deal on armslist with a dealer to pick up a black 17 this weekend. Been wanting something better for hunting, and decided a .308 would work well. That .308 just turns out to be another FN in the 17 version.... Can't wait. Fondled one at Cabela's a while back, but the price they wanted was WAY high, at about 3200. Was nice to molest it in person to get a feel for the platform though.

:th_653:

·
Registered
6,699 Posts
Glad to hear you're enjoying your FNs!

·
Premium Member
9,492 Posts
Congrats! And yes, this place has brutalized my bank account on several occasions.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the same problem as you.

Side note: your post is probably the only paragraph on the internet that uses the word 'molest' in a positive way. :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You are correct. Congratulations on your weapons chooses - especially the black SCAR 17. You know that the black models are more accurate - didn't you?
Don't know if it matters in my case, either color is probably more accurate than I am!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I don't have the patience for an NFA stamp. Although, I have considered a second PS90 to SBR.......
Thats how it starts... A second PS90, then another SCAR 17, until one day you say to yourself: "self, these rifles and pistols REALLY need to be a little quieter."

You've taken the first hit on the gateway drug.

·
Registered
604 Posts
My LGS has a PS90 w/EoTech and five 50-rd mags on consignment for $1000...And I'm thinking that I really need something to fill the niche between my FNX45 and my Mk 17S. It IS a disease.

As far as NFA items go yes, it is a slippery slope. But it's also one hell of a ride.

Reactions: isjustus4

·
Registered
273 Posts
You are correct. Congratulations on your weapons chooses - especially the black SCAR 17. Did you know it is a disease? I think it is called SCARitis. You know that the black SCAR 17s are more accurate - didn't you?
If you buy more than one you build up scar tissue©™.... It is an opaquing of the eardrums to the wife/SWMBO complaining aboot it.

·
Vendor
3,283 Posts
That's an understatement.... LOL
Here is a " live - action " shot. I couldn't resist.
And if that isn't enough, you can always become a " supporting member " then hang out in the Supporting Member Ammo thread, after reading all the posts, you will feel compelled to buy...buy...buy... because you will get the Ammo Anonymous Syndrome !

FS2K 003.jpg

·
Premium Member
13,382 Posts
that's an understatement.... Lol
here is a " live - action " shot. I couldn't resist.
And if that isn't enough, you can always become a " supporting member " then hang out in the supporting member ammo thread, after reading all the posts, you will feel compelled to buy...buy...buy... Because you will get the ammo anonymous syndrome !

View attachment 22197
hope you did not have anything fragile in the bigger one. Looks like it's been run over

·
Vendor
3,283 Posts
No... Armalite mags, tough as snot ! They are bubble wrapped inside ( LOL )
This is why products from MKS are generally " over packaged ".... !

Reactions: LebbenB and LESTER

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Like rabbit's . . . . Not just the forum, but guns in general. Everything that I seem to like is either hard to find and/or the expensive stuff (ha).

·
Registered
604 Posts
No... Armalite mags, tough as snot !
I agree with this. Of course any mag based on the M14 mag is gonna be tough.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts