FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
The guy who made that is a member here. Don't have an FNS, so I have not tried it, but it makes sense to me and should work fine.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I found it funny how he goes "it's an awesome gun!!" then proceeds to talk about all the modification he's done to improve the gun because something wasn't so great like the trigger and the snappy recoil so he changed and made permanent modifications to various springs and parts. But back on topic, I haven't done all the modifications he's done. I think I was one of the unlucky ones and got a heavy trigger pull at about 6 or 7 lbs and have put over 2000 round in mine. I never got a trigger gauge but It was a noticeable difference between glocks I have tried. So, I cut the firing spring like he's done, and have noticed a significant drop in trigger pull weight, now its lighter than a glock but still not as crisp. I've even polished the parts he talks about. There is no grit and is smooth but my trigger is spongy when it breaks. I have yet to go to the range and try out how my modification has effected shooting the gun. I may also do the recoil spring mod after I've seen how my FNS shoots.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've cut the springs on my FNS-9 and ended up going back to stock.

There is more to a nice trigger than just making it lighter. Cutting springs will definitely make it lighter - also induces light primer strikes and sponginess.

I had many light strikes - some even wouldn't go bang the second time through.

I sanded (2500 grit) and polished every moving part and while my trigger is smooth - it still is not my favorite.

I never fell in love with my FN and one day I decided to pick up a G19 Gen 4. Now the FNS does its duty as a night stand gun.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I personally am quite satisfied with the trigger pull I am however new to handguns and the fns9 is my first firearm and I think I couldn't have chosen a better one i found this on youtube and was intrigued and wanted to learn more so I thought I would put it up here and let far more experienced folk break this down and chime in with their opinion thank you all

·
Registered
81 Posts
If you want a perfect trigger buy a da/sa gun or a 1911. No trigger better than those.
that's true depending on the person and application. I'd love to target shoot with a 1911, but that's about it. The benefits do not outweigh having to use the safety and dealing with a hammer in my opinion. They're great guns, if alternatives were not available I'd carry one in a heartbeat, but I'd much rather have a striker fired handgun at all times.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts