FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I patiently (really) wait on my suppressors, I've been planning out the barrels I need. Most of my pistols are easy enough, as there's a factory version ready to drop right into place. I have a Colt 1991A1 for which I'd like to get a threaded barrel. Does anyone have any recommendations? I've seen several options, but don't have a lot of experience with aftermarket barrels. Also, is it a drop in part on a 1911, or will it most likely require fitting? I really don't need to suppress the Colt, but I've always wanted a suppressed 1911 and I might as well check that off the list.

Thanks for any insight or recommendations.

·
Premium Member
10,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Lester. That looks like a contender. Man, these barrels are going to add up, price wise. I foolishly thought I was over the hump on expenses. I really never learn. At least this is a project I can take slow and easy. I have a pistol with a TB for each suppressor to get things stated.

Reactions: LESTER

·
Premium Member
10,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like Brownells has them for gov. model for under a hundred bucks.
Yeah, I got that email this morning. That's what got my mental gears moving about the Colt.

Reactions: BOOMSLANG

·
Premium Member
10,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just a heads up bought a sig 1911 threaded barrel for my 1911 nightmare and got the correct size but doesnt fit. Other then that I have no clue what direction to point anyone in for 1911 barrels
That's what I'm afraid of. I have a Sig 1911 also, but I think I'll stick with the Colt. It was my first 1911. I've had it for well over 20 years. It thought I'd do something nice for it.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
As long as we are talking about 1911's.... I just got my colt, 1991a1 and it came with two 7 round magazines. I would like to get a few more, and noticed that there are 8 round magazines available. Will the 8 round mag fit flush like the 7 round mags, or will it stick out? The manual says it will take 8 round mags, but does not say if it is a flush fit or not.

Sorry for the thread jack... :(

·
Premium Member
10,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As long as we are talking about 1911's.... I just got my colt, 1991a1 and it came with two 7 round magazines. I would like to get a few more, and noticed that there are 8 round magazines available. Will the 8 round mag fit flush like the 7 round mags, or will it stick out? The manual says it will take 8 round mags, but does not say if it is a flush fit or not.

Sorry for the thread jack... :(
They do stick out a bit. Here's my 1991A w/ Wilson 8 Round Mag. Congrats on the Colt...she's a beauty.

Reactions: Donnie and LESTER

·
Premium Member
10,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Reactions: LESTER
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.