FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am waiting for my tax stamp on a suppressor and need to get a threaded barrel for my Five-seveN. I have heard numerous complaints with the Jarvis barrels. Are there any other manufacturers of threaded 5.7 barrels? If I am going to spend $350 for a barrel I would like other options.

MadDog :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am waiting for my tax stamp on a suppressor and need to get a threaded barrel for my Five-seveN. I have heard numerous complaints with the Jarvis barrels. Are there any other manufacturers of threaded 5.7 barrels? If I am going to spend $350 for a barrel I would like other options.

MadDog :D
I have not heard of anyone else that makes barrels for the 5-7 other than Jarvis. I would say that i received a phone call from them about my ordered barrel and they are doing a run in May and if you want one i think you need to get your orders in soon to make this next production run.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello,
Just got a FiveseveN last week and would like a threaded barrel. After reading about the problems with Jarvis, I was wondering if anyone has tried to have a gunsmith add a threaded extention to the FiveseveN's barrel, or if this would even be posible because of the o-ring on the end of the barrel?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have seen threaded extensions of S&W M&P9 barrels that made them look like a Jarvis, however, due to the design of the Five-seveN barrel I do not think it is possible. At lease not the way the M&P's were done.

MadDog :cry:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Can anyone tell me how the piece, at the end of the barrel, that holds the O-ring on is attached? Is it screwed on? If it is screwed on I don't see why an adaptor could not be made to replace it.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is held in place by a snap ring that fits in a groove in the barrel and a groove inside the cone that holds the spring back.

MadDog :?

·
Registered
83 Posts
be careful of that snap ring, it sometimes may go "PING" and you get to spend some time looking around the room for the spring and snap ring....

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Indeed...pics are cool too:)

·
Registered
108 Posts
I will once everything is done. Still waiting to see how he wants to approach moving the spacer back to get enough to thread. The thread will be the standard 1/2 by 28. I will not go with the 10 mm thread. Jarvis and Gemtech have something really nice going. Jarvis will only thread their barrels to 10mm and Gemtech is the only one that has a suppressor in 10mm.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If Jarvis only threads their barrels to 10mm then does AAC use adaptors on their 5.7 suppressors? The AAC 5.7 suppressor I played with didn't have an adaptor and I was told it threaded directly onto a Jarvis barrel.

MadDog :-?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Might be something recent I have missed. I know back in Feb when I placed a Jarvis barrel on order ( They still haven't made them yet, keep telling me 4 weeks ) The Gemtech was the only one I found that fit. I just looked it up and AAC has the 10mm thread also . Its also cost 650. The YHM wraith is around 250-300 and it worked very well on the PS90 I tested out. I was very happy with it. You have alot more choices with the 1/2 by 28 thread. I believe its the best route to take.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There is a world of difference between the AAC 5.7 suppressor and the Gemtech or any 5.56 suppressor that some are using on their PS90s. The AAC 5.7 is in the same weight and size class as a 22 suppressor but is built to handle the high pressure of the 5.7 round. They are down right tiny and feather weight.

MadDog :shock:

·
Registered
108 Posts
The YHM wraith has the same length and is 1/4 thicker. Its also lighter. It sure would be nice to meet up with a few guys using the different companies suppressors so everyone could compare. I'm sure every brand has its pros and cons. It would be nice to know what is the best value etc. I researched the numbers on several different .22 suppressors and was in worse shape then when I started.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts