FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Comic addict plots to kill parents to avoid cleaning room

A Japanese woman addicted to comics reportedly turned to the Internet to look for someone to kill her parents, after they asked her to clear out her cartoon-filled room.

News reports say the 36-year-old woman – who is unemployed and lives at home – filled up three rooms with several thousand comic books and videotapes she had collected with an allowance her grandmother sent her.

She reportedly became angry after her parents told her to throw away some of her comic books to make space for her sister who was planning to move in.

The reports say she posted a message on the Internet asking for someone to kill her mother, who manages a bar in Tokyo, and her father.

Police intervened after being notified are seeking to charge her with intimidation.

http://www.livenews.com.au/Articles...lanned_to_kill_parents_to_avoid_cleaning_room

·
Registered
164 Posts
This happened to me while I was away at college. My parents built a new house in another town, and as most people will do when moving they tried to decide what to keep and what to discard. As some parents are prone to think, comic books are for children. Since I was an adult they were therefore beneath my age level, so the comics were burned.

I had two (TWO) first editions of Spiderman. Along with a lot of other old marvel and DC editions. That was early seventies. In the early eighties I ran across a collectors price book, and just the editions I could remember having came to a total of around $40,000 dollars.

My best friend has a huge collection of original GI Joes, and I don't laugh at him a bit. :?

·
Banned
2,294 Posts
Well, OK, so she is addicted to comic books. Question is..... is she hot?

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RiverRat said:
This happened to me while I was away at college. My parents built a new house in another town, and as most people will do when moving they tried to decide what to keep and what to discard. As some parents are prone to think, comic books are for children. Since I was an adult they were therefore beneath my age level, so the comics were burned.

I had two (TWO) first editions of Spiderman. Along with a lot of other old marvel and DC editions. That was early seventies. In the early eighties I ran across a collectors price book, and just the editions I could remember having came to a total of around $40,000 dollars.

My best friend has a huge collection of original GI Joes, and I don't laugh at him a bit. :?
I made a lot of cash in the late 1990s selling old Star Wars stuff. Used the money for another hobby - gun stuff. When I was inc ollege, I advertised at school and bought up a lot of people's old SW stuff.

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
Did you tell your parents what they were worth? If you did, what was their reaction? $40K could've bought some nice land! or a Vette.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Furyataurus said:
Did you tell your parents what they were worth? If you did, what was their reaction? $40K could've bought some nice land! or a Vette.
My parents were very well off. And as you have noticed of late, rich people believe they are justified in any decision they make.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts