FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't make up my mind on this. Pros and cons?

Host is FNX 45 Tac and in the near future, a 1911.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Just buy em both, you deserve it hunter:)
BBG doing his best LESTER impression, I went with the Osprey because it was the one of the two that was in stock at my SOT but also because the serial number is on a part separate from all the parts of the suppressor that could be damaged and need replacement. This is important because if certain parts needed to be replaced, you wouldn't need to get a new stamp

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
Aesthetically I think the Osprey makes a better looking package with the FNX. The Osprey has less weight in the front end so it balances a little better.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm running an osprey on my pistols, soon I will be running an octane on a sbr kriss and sbr mpx. I'll try to get a video of both on Friday with the fnx 45t.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
I went with the osprey also. It's in NFA jail and will be for the foreseeable future. The only reason to buy another .45 can would be if you plan on having a SBR .45 ar-15 platform and would like to tuck the can under the rail. I was worried that Silencerco would be coming out with an osprey that is user serviceable (I have no sources for this just thought about it too much) and then realized they did an upgrade program on one of their .22 cans (I think) that allowed owners to send in their can to get upgraded with the new stuff so following that logic there's nothing to worry about. Get the space age looking can!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have the TIRANT 45 and couldn't be happier, but I've never owned or shot the osprey or octane so I can't say which is better. I can say I am 100 percent happy with the TIRANT

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
123 Posts
I bought an octane for my usp45t and use with fnx45t also. Have to get two different pistons, but no big deal. I asked silencershop which was quietest in 45, and was told the Tirant.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
I was worried that Silencerco would be coming out with an osprey that is user serviceable (I have no sources for this just thought about it too much)
There was a rumor about that floating around quite a while ago, but it sounds like that won't happen due to the complexity of the mounting system and ensuring the everything is lined up properly.

I went with the Osprey as well (in NFA jail). Main reason was the same as Shap (in stock and lower price at my dealer than what I could get elsewhere, and serialized part being in back). Secondary aspect was that it looks really cool on pistols, and is very balanced for a can (more weight closer to the gun than away). Another reason was Silencerco's superb customer service. I wish I could take it apart, but I know that if it ever gets filled up/damaged, silencerco will take care of it.

Reactions: J.polisi

·
Registered
208 Posts
Love my TiRant. :) Granted, I have not shot a lot of different .45 can's but it's been the quietest so far. Only another 4 months before it gets to come home. :)

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Ti-Rant got my vote ... and I had pick of the litter! Like it so much I'm grabbing a Ti-Rant 9 next week.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I picked up the TiRant, still waiting to get it in my grubby little hands though... ::FF:: I started with AAC products (M42000 was my first)and while some have had issues I've always gotten great customer service and they are made here in GA so just about every dealer stocks them...

M4 2000
SDN-6
TiRant 45
(TiRant 9 *Next)

·
Registered
476 Posts
This video isn't really a comparison ( although he does fire an Osprey .45 and a TiRant 9)... I just thought it was funny. This guy either isn't married or his wife is out shopping!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts