FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried out my tlr-1 with the Fns-9. Shot great but my fear of not liking the length of the tlr-1 was right. Sticks out past the muzzle too far. Need a smaller compact light. Happy to have my x-fer holster though. Universal fit for the tlr-1.
image.jpg image.jpg

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Nice group!

I agree with the length of the light (most pistol lights actually). The TLR-3 would be better.

Reactions: Bear13

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just dont like the look of the tlr-3 on the fns. I would like to get a railmaster pro. I wish the apl came in a compact length, I would be all over that.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice group!

I agree with the length of the light (most pistol lights actually). The TLR-3 would be better.
Thanks on the group. Thats two mags, not too shabby for 7 yards of a good rate of fire. I cant imagine what kind of work you could do with a 5 inch slide!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
New here and still researching (to death) fns-9 and so forth. I've been looking at the TLR-3 and an alternative light with a separate after market mount. I'm not a fan of a light extending past the tip.

I was hoping that someone with an FNS-9 would be able to measure the distance from the end of the trigger guard to the tip of the slide.

I saw a schematic drawing with measurements a week ago, but can not remember where. Could I have the measurements in mm. If not, then inches would work.

Thanks in advance.
Dan

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First off I would not use a device that attaches to the rail to attach the light. Kinda hokie.

The veridian ctl and crimson trace cmr-202 will not go past the muzzle. And are not much more then the tlr-3. I would like to buy the new crimson trace railmaster pro with the laser. But its a pretty chunk of change.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Adding a mount to the rail then separate light

First off I would not use a device that attaches to the rail to attach the light. Kinda hokie.

The veridian ctl and crimson trace cmr-202 will not go past the muzzle. And are not much more then the tlr-3. I would like to buy the new crimson trace railmaster pro with the laser. But its a pretty chunk of change.

I understand what you're saying, but as you said, it's a pretty chunk of change.

The two items I am considering trying together are the Nitecore EC1 (Yes, I do know that it is not intended to be a weapon light, but I'm willing to test it as such and the specs are amazing for its size) and a low profile mount such as this one of these. And I realize I would likely need a bushing for this size of light. I used a bushing with a different mount and light for my shotgun and it has worked amazing well and that has more recoil.

Nitecore EC1 1 x (R)CR123 CREE XP-G2 R5 330 Lumen LED Flashlight - Going Gear

and

Streamlight Low Profile Rail Mount for TL & SuperTac Series Flashlights
TACTICAL LIGHT MOUNT | Brownells
CAA Flashlight/Laser Mount 3/4" dia. Beam Shot S1000, PL1 - Tactical Distributors- Tactical Gear

I'm not affiliated with these sites/businesses in any way, other than purchasing 2 other lights from Going Gear.

But getting back to my original question... Can anyone tell me the exact measurement from the trigger guard to the end of the muzzle of the FNS-9? Preferably in mm. My goal is to have the light not extend past the end.

My fallback would be a TLR-3.

Thanks

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
From where the trigger guard meets the rail on my FNP-9 (should be the same or within a few mm on the FNX) is 50 mm give or take a couple mm.

The Nitecore will go past the muzzle. My 4sevens mini 123 is shorter than that light I believe and it goes past the muzzle a little bit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Very well so the tlr-1 stick out from the pistol. I run and fns-40 with a tlr-1 hl on mine, same size as the tlr-1 but only for a home defense with the light. Yes the light protrudes past the barrel and slide up to an inch. And if pressed on the light very lightly the frame with flex at the rail up to 2-3mm. but in a close quarters situation the light still allows you to hit or thrust the weapon into the chest or other item of the body with out affecting the slide to still allowing it to fire. That was my selling point if that situation had to ever arise.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts