FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a few toys today. Got a great price on a 9mm Tavor from Atlantic. I was on the fence about what to get. Always kinda liked the Tavor, but really didn't need my 1000th 5.56 rifle. Ohio recently overturned its 31 round mag rule (made insertion of a over 30 round mag into a gun, a machine gun). So the 32 rounders are ok now.

Got on silencershop to order a 1/2x32 osprey piston. Those people never cease to amaze me. I had a shipping notice literally less than 10 minutes after the order.

Stopped by Adco to let them know I was having a gun shipped to them. They had a killer deal on a Beretta M9. It would have been a crime to let it go.

My wife having seen the the receipts and new pistol just shook her head and tried her best to act like she was unaware of what was going on. I am glad she has finally started to give up.
It's just easier for both of us this way.

·
Premium Member
10,027 Posts
Sounds like a hell of a fine day...congrats!

Reactions: six-n-twins

·
Registered
377 Posts
Ohio recently overturned its 31 round mag rule (made insertion of a over 30 round mag into a gun, a machine gun). So the 32 rounders are ok now.
H.B. 234 was signed by Gov. Kasich on December 19th, so I thought the new laws associated with it, such as removal of the 30 round magazine cap wouldn't go into effect until 90 days after. So I thought this restriction would not be removed until around March 20, 2015.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
H.B. 234 was signed by Gov. Kasich on December 19th, so I thought the new laws associated with it, such as removal of the 30 round magazine cap wouldn't go into effect until 90 days after. So I thought this restriction would not be removed until around March 20, 2015.
You are correct. I was told March 15th. It was already a law you rarely saw enforced. It was not illegal to own the mags, just illegal to insert them into non nfa firearms.

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
Nice!!!

Need photos!!!

·
Registered
6,629 Posts
Nice score! May I ask what the 9mm Tavor went for?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As expected, when you pick up a new platform, you have to buy all the stuff that goes with it.
1/2x36 Octane/Osprey piston
4 IWI 32 round mags
RMR 06... on sale at Amazon, great price so I couldn't resist.
T Rex pic rail
TD VFG

Need an ADM RMR mount. It looks like it is recommended that you go with the lower 1/3 mounts. The Tavor is supposed to be about 1/2 inch lower than AR stock to rail height. If you go absolute, it is supposed to mount your optics way too low. Can anyone confirm?

Also gonna try the trigger mod. If it doesn't feel good, then I guess Bill is gonna get more of my money.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.