FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard that the 762 SDN-6 had this issue with older mounts but I am using a Brakeout 2.0 I noticed the other day after firing only about 20-30 rounds it loosened from the first tooth.

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
MINE TOO!!! Not Happy, there are others on here.. Wish Nick with AAC CS would help us with this..

I do know the Teeth Wear out on the latch, when attaching hold latch down so teeth do not rub teeth on Muzzle Device..

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
It's not a new vs old thing, AAC I don't think has done anything different with the newer mounts to help lock up.

Directly from an AAC rep.

The 51T system was not designed to lock up with tension like the 90T system does. I don't have a single mount on my guns or a single silencer that mounts up to any of my mounts that locks up with tension like the 90T. You should always tighten it down and then back it off until the latch is sitting in the valley of the teeth.
I have a couple 51T mounts that my suppressors WILL lock up tight on and the rest will always fall back to the one tooth less position, some of the mounts are new others are older and they are FS and MB. It has always been the accepted way the 51T locks up, I'm not exactly happy but I've never had one of my suppressors back off anymore when I make sure it's locked.

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
I do know the Teeth Wear out on the latch, when attaching hold latch down so teeth do not rub teeth on Muzzle Device..
Last I heard that was due to a bad batch of heat treating, My 762-SD has just as good of teeth now as it did new and it's been run on and off an ungodly amount of times.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
You can keep shooting and not clean the mount at all - over time enough carbon will build up and give you a tighter lock up -

You can go to your LGS or where you got your suppressor and try several mounts till you get the lock up you want -

You can polish (note I say polish) the beveled edge in front of the teeth on the mount till you get that +1 tooth lock up -

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's the first time I used it, virgin mount, virgin can (maybe that's a poor choose of words). So is it o.k. to blast away when it's backed off on that tooth? It has evident play left and right when it unlocks from that first notch/tooth.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
It's the first time I used it, virgin mount, virgin can (maybe that's a poor choose of words). So is it o.k. to blast away when it's backed off on that tooth? It has evident play left and right when it unlocks from that first notch/tooth.

Yep - all is good - and when Nick from AAC drops by he will echo the same - that 1 tooth play (51t) was how it was designed.... then as consumers raised concern AAC moved to the 90t

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
From the AAC rep "You should always tighten it down and then back it off until the latch is sitting in the valley of the teeth."
I've not had a problem running mine^^^^^^^^^^ and LOCKED, yes I agree it's a little unnerving seeing it wobble that little amount but AAC says it's OK.

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
You can keep shooting and not clean the mount at all - over time enough carbon will build up and give you a tighter lock up -

You can go to your LGS or where you got your suppressor and try several mounts till you get the lock up you want -

You can polish (note I say polish) the beveled edge in front of the teeth on the mount till you get that +1 tooth lock up -
In the works.

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
We get it, you purchased the last generation design right before the new generation came out. It's called buyer's remorse.
Buyers remorse, NO, it will just reside on my 300 BO. I did not know how bad things were over at AAC or I never would have bought from there.. 18T problems, Fix 51T, 51T problems, fix 90T were they doing through testing at that time, not when a company is in Turmoil.. Waited 10 or 11 months for that set of stamps.. Yeah, I would NOT have bought AAC if I had known of internal problems..Other companies lock up tighter then, we'll let's just say that have NO movement.

Industry would do well and sell more cans by doing a combined design effort universal mount.. Then, if they do there part and build a quality can, they/we will come.. Guys keep buying same company as they have those Muzzle Devices..

Maybe Direct thread is the way to go..

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
On a side bar note (not to hi jack my own thread)..

I know this can as many are supposed to be hearing safe when used. On my AR shooting 62 grain Nato after one round I found my self switching the rifle to safe and inserting my EarPros. It wasn't super painful but by no means was it comfortable, nor did it feel "hearing safe". I think a few more rounds and my ears really would have hurt.

I can't imagine how uncomfortable it would be on the 17s.

With that being said it still sounded cool as hell! :smile:

·
Registered
757 Posts
So if my can locks up perfectly...should I be concerned?? When I first installed it and was afraid of 'hurting it' it was about a 1/3 tooth from clicking then after install/ uninstall a few times, with moderate tightening it lock down on the last tooth and no movement. And no I didn't crank on it hard. I believe it's the plating or coating that rubbed down a little-maybe?--

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts