FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, all.

So I took my wife to the range with me today for the first time, she has never shot before. So I load up 5 of my toys, and lay them out.
one-each of an glock 23 Kahr cw9 Fn9 taurus pt111 9mm and her ruger lcp which i bought her this week. Well I get her shooting the LCP and she's okay then the pt111 and the Cw 9, and then back to the Lcp. Then get out my glock and my Fn. I put 2 rnd's in the glock and she shots it, but does not like .40 to much so I load up the fn and she shots a full mag. Well after that she asked me to put all the other guns away and load all three of the fn mags, she loves it hands down. So I guess I will have to sell her LCP and buy her an Fn9 of her own, because I will not be giving up mine. All night it's all she taked about I am kinda scared, I would of never dreamed she would react like this. I think it's great she enjoyed it, but I wonder if I going to start losing my toys to her? I really thought she would shot just a little and be dune with it but no she put 150 rnd's down the fn's pipe. Wow! After 12 years of marrage i never knew.

And btw we did not like the LCP at all.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
That's cool. My old lady likes my S&W 41 .22 and the Ar with the .22 kit.

She tried my Ruger Redhawk 44 mag once, that didnt go well. :lol:

·
Registered
32 Posts
That's great! I have been trying to take my wife to range for over 10 years now, but she was never interested. So after the last 5 years of me not saying anything at all about it, she has mentioned at least three times in the last 6 weeks that she wanted me to take her to the range!

I bought her a KelTec 9mm years ago and from time to time I will drill her on the basic fundamentals STRESSING SAFETY, TRIGGER CONTROL, ETC. of course without live ammo.

Also I believe that with the crime rate and Wednesday Range Night on the Outdoor Channel (that she seems now to enjoy watching with me :shock:) she has changed her mind. :grin: :-x 8) :? ::!!!::

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
ShipWreck said:
Hey, at least I am learning about home remodeling stuff :x
I imagine you having rails on all your power tools with lights and lasers

"Wheres that hammer? I knew I shouldnt have used real lawn camo"

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hey Dano;
I was reading your post and couldn't help but laugh a little. It seems like you have created a monster here. Look out Bro. I took my wife to the range quite a few times before we got married and she loved it. Now almost 21 years later she still loves to go. It a great thing to have something you both like to do together. The really funny thing to me is that now I know that with as good as her marksmanship skills have become I feel really good knowing that she has my back. She shoots her Glock 19 pretty well for a girl. Recoil doesn't seem to be any bother for her at all She likes the 9mm. The .45 doesn't bother her but she seems to shoot the 9mm. better. Sounds like your better half is a keeper. :) Now if you can just get her facinated by reloading you have it totally covered.

Aint Love Grand?

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
That reminds me of the last time I was at the range. There was a couple there in their early 30's. They were having a marksmanship competition, which was very close. She was a pretty good shot and I believe they were using a .40 as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts