FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Getting my MI Keymod rail tomorrow, and want to make sure that I have all the correct torque value for everything.

I've heard 2 values on the barrel screws?

What about the side rails and the rail on the bottom of the barrel?
Also, Loctite 242 for everything except the barrel screws?

·
Registered
26 Posts
rsmurdoch is correct on all points. Great instructions from MI and huge upgrade. Wondering if anyone added the loctite? I did not, but may go back and add a bit.

·
Registered
609 Posts
There will be instruction in the package with the torque values. Follow the instructions to the letter its a very precise fit. If you get stuck ring up mi they are great folks.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Also make sure to take barrel assy out and then heat the bottom screws with a pen torch or it is a nightmare breaking the factory (loctite) loose. Lots of heat is your friend in this case and once barrel is removed it's all metal. Use gloves and be safe.

You will need a #25 Torx and a set of allens and pen torch.

Instructions didn't call for loctite so at this point I did not use any. I will stop and check it over the next few outings and see if any have loosened. I always carry loctite and the correct tools to do at the range anyways so I will just watch for now.

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got the rail, but the barrel is at Marvin's getting chopped and pinned with a mams. I want to install as much as possible so it's ready when it comes back. Are the springs that retain the screws for the front part of the barrel no longer used? Also, does the yolk that comes with the rail replace any of the other yolks, and how is it oriented?

Thanks, guys!

·
Registered
108 Posts
The springs and ratcheting screws are not used they are replaced by new ones provided by Midwest

The barrel support is replaced but you can't install until you have the barrel because the barrel won't fit through it with a brake on it.

Once you have it all together orientating it will make more sense.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts