FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I reached out to a friend about a possible trade. My NIB BREN 2s plus 2.5 k rounds of wolf polyformance 7.62x39 for his SCAR 16s?
I think it’s a fair deal what do you guys think?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Bren 2MS is a fail...well the commercial garbage we got is...CZ's quality has taken a dive in my opinion with that platform...I say...do the trade for his Scar 16...

Only Bren 2 I'd want are the initial models that CZ didn't want released...

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Hun,

I have the Bren 2s not the Bren 2 Ms. I think it's worth the trade. I have an abundance of 5.56/.223 rifles and rounds so it makes sense. I really am trying to get out of 7.62x39 and the Bren 2s is the last rifle that I own that shoots 7.62x39mm. I love the ballistics of the 7.62x39 but I just don't have enough money to fully invest in it, since I'm already invested in and have been in 5.56, it'll be easier to reload and transition.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Troublesx10,

Why would you not trade a BREN 2s with 2.5K rounds of wolf polyformance for a NIB SCAR 16s? I'm just curious? I do think it is a fair deal overall with the price of ammo going through the roof and the BREN 2s being a $1800 - $2,000 rifle.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Bren 2MS is a fail...well the commercial garbage we got is...CZ's quality has taken a dive in my opinion with that platform...I say...do the trade for his Scar 16...

Only Bren 2 I'd want are the initial models that CZ didn't want released...
Ah yes, the great 2S that isn’t a fail...

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
Troublesx10,

Why would you not trade a BREN 2s with 2.5K rounds of wolf polyformance for a NIB SCAR 16s? I'm just curious? I do think it is a fair deal overall with the price of ammo going through the roof and the BREN 2s being a $1800 - $2,000 rifle.
Fair trade— the 16 is hard to find, rumors to have it meet the ax— I don’t know if that is true or not. It’s a good deal for you— not a fair trade for your friend. This is wolf poly 5.56 ot 7.72? If your gonna say 5.56– that was what I understood originally— think your friend is not getting the best trade. If it is for the 7.62– it is a better deal— I’d want 3k ammo being that that ammo is always around 225/250 a crate. When you say fair I’m thinking for both sides. You could take the 16 and flip on gb for 4K easy.

·
Registered
233 Posts

They are better quality than the 2Ms models...7.62x39 has always been finnicky outside of the AK...regardless of the platform...my personal opinion....if you want a 7.62x39 weapon...stick to a high end AK.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fair trade— the 16 is hard to find, rumors to have it meet the ax— I don’t know if that is true or not. It’s a good deal for you— not a fair trade for your friend. This is wolf poly 5.56 ot 7.72? If your gonna say 5.56– that was what I understood originally— think your friend is not getting the best trade. If it is for the 7.62– it is a better deal— I’d want 3k ammo being that that ammo is always around 225/250 a crate. When you say fair I’m thinking for both sides. You could take the 16 and flip on gb for 4K easy.
I guess I'm not thinking of inflated prices when I should be. The trade includes 2.5K rounds of 7.62x39mm. I would never flip on the 16s, I'd keep it.

My Scar 16s I purchased new in 2011, I paid $2,400 for. I sold it a few years back to fund the Scar 17s, which I don't necessarily regret as I use the 17s all the time.

I did talk to FNH over a month ago and they stated that they would continue to produce the Scar 16s for the commercial market (including the American Commercial Market).

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

AH! Your absolutely half way right!
Mine was manufactured in 2018 not in 2020. The ones that "Ah great 2s that isn't a fail" is specifically what I have. If your on the CZ forum or reddit you'll know this!

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
They are better quality than the 2Ms models...7.62x39 has always been finnicky outside of the AK...regardless of the platform...my personal opinion....if you want a 7.62x39 weapon...stick to a high end AK.
How are they better quality than the MS?

the S has fixed hand guards and lightening cut on the upper receiver. The MS has modular hand guard and no lightening cut on the receiver.

the barrels are the same. The guts are the same. The receivers are made out if the same aluminum and plastic.

hell, even the wobbly end caps are the same.

as far as 7.62x39 finicky outside of the Ak platform, it’s a damn shame that the VZ-58 and the SIG SG553 didn’t get that memo.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
AH! Your absolutely half way right!
Mine was manufactured in 2018 not in 2020. The ones that "Ah great 2s that isn't a fail" is specifically what I have. If your on the CZ forum or reddit you'll know this!
I don’t think That there are any semiautomatic BREN 2S manufactured in 2020 available in the USA. I thought that after the 2018 limited release, there was no more 2S brought in.

you’re also correct that I’m not on CZ Forum (which one?) or reddit. I’m already on enough gun forums as it is.

knock on wood my 7.62 MS works just fine...for now. When it starts to malfunction, I’ll worry about it. The damn thing even eats Tula and that’s gotta be the lowest of the low when it comes to ammo quality.

·
Registered
233 Posts
How are they better quality than the MS?

the S has fixed hand guards and lightening cut on the upper receiver. The MS has modular hand guard and no lightening cut on the receiver.

the barrels are the same. The guts are the same. The receivers are made out if the same aluminum and plastic.

hell, even the wobbly end caps are the same.

as far as 7.62x39 finicky outside of the Ak platform, it’s a damn shame that the VZ-58 and the SIG SG553 didn’t get that memo.
SG553...good luck finding one...a real VZ-58 (not the Century crap) is hard to come by as well...both of those aren't mainstream platforms...anything that has been tried...outside of the AK...in the US civilian market has had a good track record of having issues with 7.62 Soviet...and thats a fact.

I think some of the tolerances have got worst with the 2ms vs 2s...specifically...in the lower to upper fitment...the initial 2s releases that I've handled had good fit minus end cap...but the 2ms guns had slooopy upper/lower.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
SG553...good luck finding one...a real VZ-58 (not the Century crap) is hard to come by as well...both of those aren't mainstream platforms...anything that has been tried...outside of the AK...in the US civilian market has had a good track record of having issues with 7.62 Soviet...and thats a fact.

I think some of the tolerances have got worst with the 2ms vs 2s...specifically...in the lower to upper fitment...the initial 2s releases that I've handled had good fit minus end cap...but the 2ms guns had slooopy upper/lower.
since that I haven’t come across a 2S, I’ll take your word for the fitment differences between the uppers and lowers...not that particular figment affects anything. Witness the AR-15 eventual looseness between upper and lower.

as far as AKs go, American market AKs are so varied in quality and function that I wouldn’t make any general statements about them. The “good” AKs all start around $1K and more.

SG553 and CSA VZ-58? not that hard to find if you’re willing to pay.

·
Registered
233 Posts
since that I haven’t come across a 2S, I’ll take your word for the fitment differences between the uppers and lowers...not that particular figment affects anything. Witness the AR-15 eventual looseness between upper and lower.

as far as AKs go, American market AKs are so varied in quality and function that I wouldn’t make any general statements about them. The “good” AKs all start around $1K and more.

SG553 and CSA VZ-58? not that hard to find if you’re willing to pay.

Oh for sure...I almost bought a SG553 in 5.56 ... wish Sig would have just imported them as pistols vs trying to make the 556 happen here in the states...

As far as AKs go, I usually stick to Arsenal ... but PSA's AKV 9mm has me interested. But if I were to get another AK platform...it would be IWI Galil.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Oh for sure...I almost bought a SG553 in 5.56 ... wish Sig would have just imported them as pistols vs trying to make the 556 happen here in the states...

As far as AKs go, I usually stick to Arsenal ... but PSA's AKV 9mm has me interested. But if I were to get another AK platform...it would be IWI Galil.
Thank goodness JDI Firearms in Texas picked up the slack from SIG USA.

and yes, I’d take IWI Galil over most any other AK types.

·
Registered
233 Posts
JDI got anymore shipments? Been looking when I have the spare $$$ seems when I do there is none in stock.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts