FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would you guys do?!?...

That is a lot of good stuff and I was going to get a 17s next year anyway....

part of me thinks It would be a mistake because I really like my 16

other people say im crazy not to, the aimpoint with larue mount being the thing in this deal I want most!

I have had a few Colt LE690s and have ben more than decent rifles and the 1911 well...

what say the biased crowd?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
A 70s series is nice but a 6920 is a ho hum boring AR IMHO. I am not into the whole COLT thing so my 2cs. I would just wait for a good t2 deal to pop up and buy that by itself. There are way more 6920 and 70s in the wild vs scars

·
Registered
397 Posts
Depends on the condition of the 6920 and the 1911. I have the T2 on LaRue mount. It is a very good sight, better IMHO than the T1s I have. The T2 also works better with a high quality magnifier like the Aimpoint magnifier than the T1. I run a T2 on one of my SCAR 17s to keep it light.

I love the two SCAR 16s I have, but I like my SCAR 17s better. If I were you I'd consider the trade if the Colt's are in very good shape. It also depends on the condition of your SCAR 16.

The Colt 6920 is a very well made basic AR.

·
Premium Member
9,866 Posts
Yeah, I have nothing against Colt, but this deal seems like the kind of thing you'd regret down a little down the line. Like you're eating lunch one day and midway through your sandwich you have a grim epiphany..."What the hell did I do that for?".

I'm hardly the right guy to preach delayed gratification, but keep the 16 and save for the Aimpoint.

Reactions: Fnpurist

·
Registered
397 Posts
I'm saying, make the trade, keep the 6920, keep the T2, sell the 1911, and save for the SCAR 17. With the SCAR 17 you get additional capability.

BUT if you really like the SCAR 16, why are you even considering a trade?

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Why would you want to trade for two jammamatics is beyond me. But hey, it's your gun.
Had many colt ARs with 7000+ Combined through them never had any issues , had several colt 1911s. Never had issues with those either. That said I would keep the SCAR and save up til you can pick up a T-1 on sale... :?

Reactions: byoung

·
Registered
397 Posts
I don't think I'd call a 6920 a jammomatic, but a 1911 can be if not set up right with good magazines, and well maintained. But you're right about the contradiction.

I own a couple Government model Series 70 Colts, but they were "set up" by a third party who specialized in mods for Colts. They run like scalded dogs. A 6920 should have no problems once it is broken in.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts