FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im moving to AZ in the next two weeks.

ILl be driving from Alaska.

Ill be taking both my AR and PS90 with me.

Is there any special pre caution or special things i should know about traveling with with weapons? Ill be headding through canada and stuff too.

Another thing is...

I know california has a Hicap mag law deal. How should i go by thraveling though there?

Anything that i should know/tips please post it.

Thanks for all the help in advance.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I think U will have to call a gun store in AZ and work something out over the phone - have your guns shipped there by an FFL in Alaska. And, you'll just have to pay the fee.

I don't see U driving thru Canada with your guns. Sorry. Your AR and PS90 would definetly not be allowed for U to have there. If U try to cross into Canada with that stuff, they might arrest you, assuming the US side guards didn't notice it and tell you not to do it.

·
Vendor
5,658 Posts
"I think U will have to call a gun store in AZ and work something out over the phone - have your guns shipped there by an FFL in Alaska. And, you'll just have to pay the fee."

I was just about to say the same thing.

This is the way to go. :D

·
Registered
569 Posts
It's perfectly legal and acceptable to ship longarms (not pistols) to yourself in another state through USPS. An FFL is only required if there's a transfer of ownership. I'd be very leery about driving through Canada w/firearms of any kind.
Tomac

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
As said above...

If you can ship them to yourself, that is the best way. If you cannot do that, you may wish to do a search for AZ FFL's and contact one of them and explain what you are doing. You may find a friendly gent willing to cut you a break.

You may consider going to this site and scrolling down to the bottom and contacting Steve Aikens. He is pretty damn sharp on things like this and is very active on such issues. I would take his word to the bank on anything he told me. And if he doesn't know something, most times he can tell you who to contact.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/

One thing he will not do is tell you something he is not absolutely sure of.

Just my 2 cents...

TA

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Well, if he has handguns too, those cannot be shipped to yourself. They MUST go thru an FFL.

But, unless U have someone els eon the other end, I'd just go ahead and ship everything to an FFL (assuming U have handguns too).

If by some miracle U get thru the Canadian border into Canada, U will probably get caught leaving Canada. And, there are also all sorts of rules about importingw eapons back into the country.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts