FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my wife to shoot my PS90. Now she wants one. Thought I'd let her have my white recticle one and get a new one. The prices that I have seen are about the same for the black recticle and the tri rail, which doesn't make any sense to me considering the upgrade cost of a black rec. Which would yall get?

·
Registered
414 Posts
IF you love the stock reticule, stick with it. If you want a different/better/magnified/nightvision optic, get the tri-rail.

I did. :D

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Yea - they discontinued the white ringed site...

Personally, I'd get one with the USG sight. You can mount side rails for cheap - but the siderails will be longer than the trirail's side rails.

Buying the one with the stock sight affords you the ability to add any optic U want later. And then if ya ever need it for another gun - then you can always put the stock sight back... The tri-rail is useless without a sight...

·
Registered
10 Posts
USG Sight or Trirail

If both are roughly the same price, get the USG Sight. If you do not like it, you can sell it for $500 or so and use the proceeds to get your own rails, with plenty of money left over to apply towards another optic.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I didn't know if there was a big height difference between the trirail and an aftermarket ad on rail. Didn't want to get too tall. And I was curious as what yall would say about the performance of the black rec. You would think that there would be a substantial price diff, from providing optics and just providing a rail. Anyway I appreciate your input.

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
Get the USG. In my opinion it has far more potential than the TR.
I have several USGs and 1 TR if that tells you anything.
If I were to get another one, I'd get a USG and not a TR.
BTW: IIRC the TR is only like 5mm lower than the USG over the bore.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts