FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've craved a 16 for a few years no although I really don't need one. I have 3 Daniel Defense rifles that I always grab one of for shooting 5.56. I love my 17, it's my favorite rifle of all I own.
But I have an ACR enhanced that I took in on a trade that's been clogging up my safe. Hardly ever shoot it. So I sent one of my favorite gun dealers a message about a trade.

He says "I can sell you a 16 but I can't trade, I'd have to put the acr on consignment for you".

Dammit.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I've craved a 16 for a few years no although I really don't need one. I have 3 Daniel Defense rifles that I always grab one of for shooting 5.56. I love my 17, it's my favorite rifle of all I own.
But I have an ACR enhanced that I took in on a trade that's been clogging up my safe. Hardly ever shoot it. So I sent one of my favorite gun dealers a message about a trade.

He says "I can sell you a 16 but I can't trade, I'd have to put the acr on consignment for you".

Dammit.
I watched a video on the military channel,with them comparing the "ACR" (Corrected) to the SCAR 16S. They shot both then removed their bbl.s then reinstalled their bbl.s The SCAR 16S held it's zero really well, the "ACR" (Corrected) not as good.
The bbl. locking device of the "ACR" (Corrected) is IMHO the problem,the SCAR using bolts is the better choice.
The "ACR" (Corrected) was a MAGPUL attempt at building a combat rifle,and they could not even finish the project. Had to sell it off to others. As your dealer is trying to say,there is no large groups of buyers waiting to get an"ACR" (Corrected).
Take the"ACR" (Corrected) to a local firearm show, and dump it off on someone.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
I watched a video on the military channel,with them comparing the ARC to the SCAR 16S. They shot both then removed their bbl.s then reinstalled their bbl.s The SCAR 16S held it's zero really well, the ARC not as good.
The bbl. locking device of the ARC is IMHO the problem,the SCAR using bolts is the better choice.
The ARC was a MAGPUL attempt at building a combat rifle,and they could not even finish the project. Had to sell it off to others. As your dealer is trying to say,there is no large groups of buyers waiting to get an ARC.
Take the ARC to a local firearm show, and dump it off on someone.
Ditto. :?

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
You mean the ACR.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts