FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I am just wondering if anyone knows any good gunsmiths that would be willing to do a trigger job on my FNP-9. I am looking for someone trusted that i can feel assured will take care of my baby. Any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I'm sure that if you took it apart, pieces could be polished a bit to make things better. But, every FNP I have ever dry fired already had such a smooth trigger that I am nots ure how much can be done to make it better. And, if U start cutting the spring to lighten the DA pull, it may not be reliable.

·
Registered
120 Posts
gbuddyjoe said:
Hey all,

I am just wondering if anyone knows any good gunsmiths that would be willing to do a trigger job on my FNP-9. I am looking for someone trusted that i can feel assured will take care of my baby. Any ideas anyone?
GrayGuns Inc.

·
Registered
120 Posts
gamotwo said:
Kost said:
gbuddyjoe said:
Hey all,

GrayGuns Inc.

Where's Gray located?
I dont know for sure, email them. I do know his work is much sought after for custom trigger jobs on Heckler & Koch

GrayGuns Inc said:
Please don't ship us a pistol until you have contacted us. We prefer to discuss your needs and schedule the work before the firearm is shipped to us.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm sure that if you took it apart, pieces could be polished a bit to make things better. But, every FNP I have ever dry fired already had such a smooth trigger that I am nots ure how much can be done to make it better. And, if U start cutting the spring to lighten the DA pull, it may not be reliable.
I agree with this. What exactly are you looking for or with what are you unhappy with the trigger pull??
I think you may be wating good money.
I could be wrong,though,what do I know?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I finally broke down and got myself a Glock 19 when I was taking my CCW classes. However, the trigger was simply aweful, but I was able to quickly improve the trigger pull with a new connector bar and NY 1 trigger spring. I really like the look of the FNP-45, but am a bit apprehensive about the lack of gunsmiths and upgraded parts that could be used to improve the trigger.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I really like the look of the FNP-45, but am a bit apprehensive about the lack of gunsmiths and upgraded parts that could be used to improve the trigger.
Isn't it just a little bit early to be apprehensive about the trigger on the FNP-45?

--
Mike

·
Registered
16 Posts
mbott,

I understand your point. However, thus far most "plastic" hi-cap pistols have a wide variance in their trigger quality and for whatever reasons, FN USA is dragging out the release of the FNP-45s. I am a single action shooter for the most part, but in order for me to be able to keep a Glock in my collection I had to get a 3.5 lb connector and a NY 1 trigger spring installed in the pistol so it could be shot with a reasonable amount of accuracy. Truth be told, if the FNP has better curb appeal than performance, I'll likely end up with one of the new Glock 21 SF models that are out now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts