FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I know, sorry for asking.
But as of today, say someone is selling a PS90 Gen2 trigger pack, for $700... do y'all think it's worth it?

I'm not sure what's the price range of those nowadays.

thanks

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Best way to find current market values is to take look at completed auctions on Gunbroker. You can get a sense of what something is selling for within the last 30-60 days.

The last (and only one displayed) Gen 2 pack sold on Gunbroker for $660, with 25 bids.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
is there any real difference between a gen 2 or a gen 3 minus the hammer? if not then a plastic man cave hammer solves the problem unless you want the gen 2 just for a investment, collection stand point. If you want the same features minus the cost I would think the upgraded hammer from man cave would be the option.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
same here.

Thanks for the info.

if it is literally the same exact item minus the actually gen 2 pack after the man cave mod then I would just go that way. Now if you want the gen 2 pack just as a collectors item, and you are going to keep it in the safe for a investment then pick on up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if it is literally the same exact item minus the actually gen 2 pack after the man cave mod then I would just go that way. Now if you want the gen 2 pack just as a collectors item, and you are going to keep it in the safe for a investment then pick on up.
makes sense.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
It's not 'literally the same.' The Man Kave hammer (and Mike makes some AWESOME stuff) is aluminum, not the polymer/plastic of the factory hammer(s). From a function standpoint, the action is identical to the original packs, but the long term effects of having the aluminum interface with the other polymer parts in the pack remains to be seen. He also offers a replacement (aluminum) front sear as well, if you are interested.

All in, if you pay 300 to pick up a Gen 3 pack (in the current market) and the another $100+ to 'downgrade' to a Gen 2 like pack, you are almost to the selling point of an actual Gen 2 pack. Not to mention, the function in a semi-auto PS90 is no different no matter WHICH route you take.

gbosh

ETA: Just to clarify, I am not suggesting that anyone WILL suffer adversely putting an aluminum component as a replacement for a polymer component. My statement was in no way intended to denigrate the products and craftsmanship of Man Kave products. Just saying it won't be the same as a factory pack. Cheers!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
It's not 'literally the same.' The Man Kave hammer (and Mike makes some AWESOME stuff) is aluminum, not the polymer/plastic of the factory hammer(s). From a function standpoint, the action is identical to the original packs, but the long term effects of having the aluminum interface with the other polymer parts in the pack remains to be seen. He also offers a replacement (aluminum) front sear as well, if you are interested.

All in, if you pay 300 to pick up a Gen 3 pack (in the current market) and the another $100+ to 'downgrade' to a Gen 2 like pack, you are almost to the selling point of an actual Gen 2 pack. Not to mention, the function in a semi-auto PS90 is no different no matter WHICH route you take.

gbosh

ETA: Just to clarify, I am not suggesting that anyone WILL suffer adversely putting an aluminum component as a replacement for a polymer component. My statement was in no way intended to denigrate the products and craftsmanship of Man Kave products. Just saying it won't be the same as a factory pack. Cheers!
i was referring to the plastic hammer not the aluminum one

1 - 15 of 15 Posts