FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By removing the trigger assembly, removing striker pin holding the spring, turn the spring over, reassemble. All of a sudden, the trigger pull is a fraction of what it was. Try it, and comment. Your welcome.
8)

·
Registered
11 Posts
thorn69, thanks-want to do it, but am unsure how. Would it be possible to post pictures?
I have ordered the AR57 from Impact because I find the trigger on my PS90 very substandard. In my opinion, without an SBR the PS90 is not that much smaller and I already have a lower. My quest for the ultimate bunny gun continues!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Not very clear on what to do here. Pics would be nice.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Agreed pics would be good 8)

·
Banned
328 Posts
I wouldn't either. You could end up with a gun that might not fire one day (right when you need it most too). Plus replacement parts are kinda hard to come by.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Plus FN designed the pull to be that way for a reason. When they designed it, they were well aware of what the pull was, and why they had it that way. I personally don't mind the pull, but I know some do. I would at least talk to Fn and get their opinion about potential problems. Then you can make an educated, safe decision.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
ShipWreck said:
I wouldn't go messing with this, personally. The gun is what it is. I've gotten used to the trigger pull.
I agree with you ship...but i would consider it on a separate trigger pack :?

·
Registered
12 Posts
ShipWreck said:
I wouldn't go messing with this, personally. The gun is what it is. I've gotten used to the trigger pull.
+1, I had mine apart and couldnt figure out how he got it to work. Spent the rest of the day trying to put it back together..no thanks. :oops:

·
Registered
137 Posts
trigger spring

Im not sure if the part nomenclature is correct, is it the hammer axle striker spring that thorn69 is refering to? or the sear spring? I have improved mine quite a bit with some spring work and special lube applied sparingly to moving sear/hammer interface. Its been 100% reliable on the six weapons that have been so treated. The lube issue is something that we have watched carefully here in the great sandy SW, and so far no problems in crud accumulation. These are by no means match triggers, but the bench testing sure got a hell of a lot more tractable.

I have another experiment in the wurkes that might be closer to a match trigger, but its going to be slow and a bit more difficult to do, and most likley irreversible. So I'll take it as carefully as I can, milling machines have NO concience!!

·
Registered
980 Posts
Re: trigger pack

brazos609 said:
There is no green sear in my trigger pack and no striker in any of the trigger packs?
I have no idea what he was thinking calling the pin that holds the spring a striker. The whole thing doesn't make sense. That spring gives pressure to two different parts. I don't see how it could do that if you flipped it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It actually makes the trigger pull very light, almost to the point that the trigger does not want to return. The problem is that the leg is no longer resting on the disconector, thus the disconector flops forward and no longer works. It will turn your gun into a single shot when the hammer follows the bolt home after the first shot.

A better idea is to pull out the spring and bend the legs a bit to slightly reduce the tension on it. Then it actually works and your trigger pull is a bit lighter with a good return.

Tony

·
Registered
137 Posts
pull mods

I have been testing the mods that were performed on my trigger groups and that of half dozen others here locally. These are on civy units and not on any operator or agency weapons, as the rules get a little stricter.

The main concern was with the weight of pull, and the indeterminate break point. I think I have addressed them both, and so far everyone is happy, if not impressed with the results. I know I am. A simple spring mod reduced the pull weight to an acceptable field use spec, and a pre-break indication marker is working well, but not to everyones total acceptance. There is a safety switch issue that is yet to be smoothed out, but its progressing. I'm trying to keep it a simple as possible, but precision ,repeatable bends and cuts are shop work, not table top bubba stuff.

Anything that has to do with the disconector spring sholud be avoided at all costs, consequences could be severe.

ALN...SOF

·
Registered
14 Posts
ps90 spring flip?

ya, i know a flashlight works differently if you flip it, and so does a gun, but why would a spring be lighter from one side to the other? explain!!

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Instructions

Who has the instructions of how to put the damn spring back?

I cannot for the life of me get it in place. I think Promoted had a detailed PDF but I cannot find this anymore.

RATS!

-TH

1 - 20 of 26 Posts