FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found how to smooth out a gritty trigger, but haven't found a post on reducing the pull weight. Has anyone done this or is there a posting that I may have missed.

Thanks in avance for you help,
Bruce

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Get a Super scar trigger . You can spend time and money fixing the factory trigger but nothing comes close to that buttery smooth geissele

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Get a Super scar trigger . You can spend time and money fixing the factory trigger but nothing comes close to that buttery smooth geissele
He's talking about the FNS...

The only way I know how to decrease pull weight is to shoot it a lot. There aren't any after market springs/disconnector's that I'm aware of.

·
Registered
35 Posts
FN is putting a new style fire control group in new fns long slides for sure...seen it...narrower sear and cam angles changed...I'm trying to find out if that group is available for sale yet...If so one is going in my early fns 9.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
In case you guys missed it in the other trigger thread.

There is a guy in Colorado that does trigger work on the FN pistols. His website is:

Bill Springfield - www.TriggerWork.net

(Mods, if this is inappropriate I do apologize and feel free to edit as necessary).

He doesn't advertise on his website that he works on the FNS line but he does and he also works on the FNX line. I had him do a trigger job on my FNS-40 LS. I put probably 600-700 rounds through mine and several hundred reps through dry fire. When the gun was new, it had an extremely heavy 7-7.25 lb gritty pull. All the dry firing and live firing removed the gritiness but the trigger pull still measured out to about 6.5-6.75 lbs.

I contacted Bill and asked about working on my pistol. He was able to get the trigger pull down to 4.9-5.25 lbs with it averaging out to right around 5 lbs. The measurements were taken with a mechanical and electronic trigger pull gauge. I wanted a trigger pull of 4 lbs but he has stated that to go below 5 lbs can result in light primer strikes and he doesn't like to do it nor does he recommend it.

He charges only $59 to do the work and it includes return shipping. You will have to pay to ship it to him and that cost me around $20 insured. His turnaround time for me was less than a week using USPS Priority mail. I was quite amazed that it was so fast.

In conclusion, I am disappointed that I don't have a 4 lb trigger pull but I am happy with what I have as it is way better than it was before. So happy that I plan to send him my FNS-9 and my other FNS-40 regular slides.

I am told that MGW also does trigger work on these pistols but I haven't had time to call them to inquire. If memory is correct, I believe they charge around $150 for their work. They may do a better job and get a lighter, reliable trigger than Bill can.

Hope this helps someone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts