FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone said their latest PS90 had a 4 lb trigger pull. I measured mine to yield a 7.5lbf trigger pull. I know there are some self-certified "gun experts" that will say the stock single stage FCG on an AR15 is a 4 lb pull (gauge shows 7-8 lbf). Can anyone verify what the latest PS90s have? Are they still 7-8 lb or are they as low as 4 lb now?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I measured mine with a gauge - about 7.5 lb
There's a lot of resistance.
My AR-15's RRA 2-stage feels CRISP and CLEAN (3.5 lb 2nd stage).

1 more reason I am not wasting $2200 on a FS2000. I doubt it will shoot more accurately than my ARs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
I love my FS2000, man. It's light, and compact as hell. Shoots hideously tight groups. I did a "Range Report" thing on the HKPro forums regarding the HK93 vs. FS2000. It's got a good trigger, handles well---seems to be a well-put together gun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What kind of 10-shot groups at 100 yd are you seeing?
How much force is required for the trigger pull?

I can't see the FS2000's bullpup trigger being better than a good AR trigger. Is the FS2000 barrel free floated?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
Lord Skeletor said:
I love my FS2000, man. It's light, and compact as hell. Shoots hideously tight groups. I did a "Range Report" thing on the HKPro forums regarding the HK93 vs. FS2000. It's got a good trigger, handles well---seems to be a well-put together gun.
I hate you and your FS200 Lord Skeletor....LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Just checked my PS90 SN nearly 42000...7Lbs 10OZ consistant...
Would have sworn it was more like 5Lbs till the gauge told me better..

Thanks
smoke
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
980 Posts
Ours is 7.5lb. I hate it.
Unfortunately for everyone, there is a good reason the trigger is so heavy. It has to do with accidental discharges when the weapon is dropped butt-first. The 'sear carriage' is free to move backwards, via momentum, upon impact, regardless of wether the safety is on or not! See, it's the sear carriage's strong spring that prevents this, and it's the sear carriages strong spring that you feel when you pull the trigger.
We weakened our spring to a comfortable weight and found that the weapon could be caused to fire by giving the butt a real hard slap, again, regardless of wether the safety is on or not!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's unlikely to happen since there is a drop safety in the hammer group. Unless you disabled its function (it moves with very very very little force and 1mm of movement will prevent the release of the hammer), it should still function normally regardless of the trigger pull weight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
980 Posts
metroplex said:
That's unlikely to happen since there is a drop safety in the hammer group. Unless you disabled its function (it moves with very very very little force and 1mm of movement will prevent the release of the hammer), it should still function normally regardless of the trigger pull weight.
The drop safety doesn't move rearward. It only engages upon muzzle-first impact. I can assure you that our drop safety was properly installed when we tested our weakened sear carriage (trigger) spring for impact discharge.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,531 Posts
Subject close to my heart. Now that I have reduced the strength of the spring, I have yet to find an elegant way to put it back in it's place.

Any help on this?

Cheers,

-TH
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
980 Posts
Did you reduce the strength by stressing it or did you simply take the rear end of the spring out of its little slot? -just curious-

Either way, to reinstall you have to start with the rear end in its slot and the front end under all the moving parts. Then, the hard part; with the pin slightly inserted you have to push/pull the spring back into position, and then push the pin into place. Worry the pin through to the other side.
Lastly, take a small tool and, with the hammer forward and out of the way, put the forward end of the spring in its little V.

I think that is as elegant as it gets. Oh, you can remove the drop safety during installation, this will give your fingers a little more room. You will also find it helpful to have the hammer forward during the spring push/pull ordeal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Promoted Pawn said:
...to reinstall you have to start with the rear end in its slot and the front end under all the moving parts. Then, the hard part; with the pin slightly inserted you have to push/pull the spring back into position, and then push the pin into place. Worry the pin through to the other side.
My last two hours says one of us is insane.

This clearly requires a specialized tool. That spring needs to be pre-bent before insertion. Sure, I had it slightly close once or twice, but at the expense of lots of scratches and gouges in the interior parts.

What tools did you use?

And I have been in and out of the very similar AUG hammer pack dozens of times installing Trigger Tamers for those seeking a lighter AUG trigger pull. Also, the pin in the sear that slides in the slots of the hammer body seems unremovable (unlike the AUG). I wonder if that is to prevent full auto conversion, or if I just haven't found the trick or hit it hard enough.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
welcome Trigger Tamer! I hope you can help out our fellow PS90 and FS2000 owners with a trigger tamer in the future!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
I have already modified mine to 2/3rd trigger pull weight, without modifying the spring, and entirely reversible (if reinstallation weren't such a problem.

A couple hours of cursing, and wondering if I could ever repeat the feat later, my interest is dampened. I could never expect a customer to successfully go through that (90% return rate, I'd predict), and I have no desire to repeat that joyous afternoon on a regular basis.

However, with the right tool and instructions, it could be a very feasible modification.

When I get a spare hammer pack, I'll open the can of worms again.

Thanks for the encouragement.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,531 Posts
TriggerTamer said:
I have already modified mine to 2/3rd trigger pull weight, without modifying the spring, and entirely reversible (if reinstallation weren't such a problem.

A couple hours of cursing, and wondering if I could ever repeat the feat later, my interest is dampened. I could never expect a customer to successfully go through that (90% return rate, I'd predict), and I have no desire to repeat that joyous afternoon on a regular basis.

However, with the right tool and instructions, it could be a very feasible modification.

When I get a spare hammer pack, I'll open the can of worms again.

Thanks for the encouragement.
Stay on target ! .. stay with it -- we need this one man! My spring is still out and I am not looking forward to having it put back.

:)

-TH
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top