FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new FNP 40 owner, and vary pleased for the most part so far. I do have one query...in Nov. forum member Polecat mentioned the term 'trigger slap' and a discussion he had with someone regarding this phenomenon. I am experiencing (with some ammo) an unpleasant sensation that I'm assuming is the same thing. It is Remington 155gr JHP, and actually leaves my trigger finger with a stinging sensation. I have shot some other ammo and not experienced the same problem.

Now, obviously the answer to this is.."don't shoot the Rem. ammo"!! But, I have quite a bit and would like to access the brass, so to speak, to load up to a more pleasant level.

Any suggestions of how to get around the dreaded 'slap'.

Thanks gents, dirt

·
Registered
3 Posts
I experience the same phenomenon with my FNP-9. I have also experienced it with my SW99s. In my case, it is a polymer thing, because none of my Sigs or my Beretta 92 ever did so. It is not enough to hurt, but a minor sting. Curiously, it goes away after the first 50 rounds or so of a shooting session. (No, it's not because my finger has gone numb, and yes, I have tried to see if I am making subtle changes in my grip. I cannot for the life of me see how my grip is changing, though that seems the likely "cure.")

1 - 5 of 5 Posts