FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new FNP 40 owner, and vary pleased for the most part so far. I do have one query...in Nov. forum member Polecat mentioned the term 'trigger slap' and a discussion he had with someone regarding this phenomenon. I am experiencing (with some ammo) an unpleasant sensation that I'm assuming is the same thing. It is Remington 155gr JHP, and actually leaves my trigger finger with a stinging sensation. I have shot some other ammo and not experienced the same problem.

Now, obviously the answer to this is.."don't shoot the Rem. ammo"!! But, I have quite a bit and would like to access the brass, so to speak, to load up to a more pleasant level.

Any suggestions of how to get around the dreaded 'slap'.

Thanks gents, dirt

·
Registered
857 Posts
I had the same problem with a .40 Beretta PX4
I think some of the polymer guns exhibit some harmonics that send vibrations through out the gun.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I experience the same phenomenon with my FNP-9. I have also experienced it with my SW99s. In my case, it is a polymer thing, because none of my Sigs or my Beretta 92 ever did so. It is not enough to hurt, but a minor sting. Curiously, it goes away after the first 50 rounds or so of a shooting session. (No, it's not because my finger has gone numb, and yes, I have tried to see if I am making subtle changes in my grip. I cannot for the life of me see how my grip is changing, though that seems the likely "cure.")

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have seen this pop up sometimes about various guns. It should not do that. If it were me, I'd contact the company and see if they can fix it for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts