FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, first I would like to say I am a new PS90 owner and have really been learning alot from you guys. So thanks :?

Now I've tried searching this out but haven't found anything relevant.
I have a new Tri rail and am in need of optics. Iam leaning towards the TA31DOC: 4x32 Trijicon ACOG® Dual Illuminated Red
Crosshair Reticle with 7.0 MOA Docter® Optic. I think it will answer the close stuff as well as the distance. Will it be size appropriate for the rail? Is it overkill? What do you guys think and do you have any other suggestions for a comparable set-up?

Thanks again, This site rocks :shock:
Kevin

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ship, how high above the rail does your EoTech sit? Did you have any problems sighting in at that height?

Thanks again
Kevin

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I'd have to get it out an measure it - but now - I like where it sits. It is sighted in for 50 yards. At 25 yards, it hits about at the same spot it did with the stock optic (I never shot mine with the stock optic, but I have shot another PS90 with it).

I rotate between left and right eyes when I shoot mine - as I am left eye dominant. However, my right eye sees better at long distances. So, I like the height. First rifle I have ever had that I could shoot right handed with my left eye. However - I think that Dr Optic would sit even higher. And, to me, it seems a bit fragile, sitting up on top of that ACOG. I think if you really want the ACOG - get just that without that red dot on top.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I think it's a good idea.

I'm sure that you've noticed how most people use a CQB type optic on the PS90.

But I don't think a 4x is overkill. The PS90 is certainly accurate enough to warrant a 4x. And once you figure out the drop, I'm certain you could take shots at 200+ yards with confidence.

The terminal ballistics are nearly ineffectual at that range, for defensive purposes. But you can still have loads of fun shooting at such distances. I do!

After experimenting, you'll probably decide on separate zeros for the DR and trijicon. After measuring the centerline of the optic over the bore use an online ballistic calculator to see the effect of different zeros. You will find that a zero of 25 yards becomes useless before 50 yards.

·
Registered
58 Posts
ACOG

TROS makes a low profile mount for the compact ACOGs that you can get in up to 3x.

I ordered a 2X compact ACOG and the TROS mount recently.

I plan on installing a factory laser, once I have this stuff sorted out to take care of the close range stuff.

ACOG claims you can use the compact models with both eyes open so I'll try that first, and if it works out then I may not even need the laser.

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
You should still be able to shoot the TA31DOC with both eyes open.
An ACOG is simple really, shoot with both eyes open for close range and close one eye for long range.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Ship, how high above the rail does your EoTech sit? Did you have any problems sighting in at that height?

Thanks again
Kevin
I also have a eotech on mine. At first it looked high and I thought it would be a issue but works fine. I also have the dual mag setup and with the aglinment it is perfect. The second mag makes a perfect cheek rest and my eye is postioned in line with the sight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts