FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trijicon RM04 w/ colt style mount (RM34)
Amber dot - 7 MOA

I had a hard time using the tube-style red dot I had before, but this lil fella is much easier to "see" with both eyes open.

The amber is very bright in the sun and very reserved in darkness. Didn't have full-on sun when I tested it today, so I'm not sure if it will be too bright as some have said. It is funny that the instructions actually say to use tape on the top if the dot is too bright.

Hopefully I'll get to the range this weekend to sight it in.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,699 Posts
Looks great! Just a suggestion, but maybe getting that RMR further out on the rail will help with your viewing? I found my sweet spot to be just past the magwell for mine. I can shoot with both eyes open and still have good peripheral vision.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks great! Just a suggestion, but maybe getting that RMR further out on the rail will help with your viewing? I found my sweet spot to be just past the magwell for mine. I can shoot with both eyes open and still have good peripheral vision.
That's what I was thinking. Where it sits, there seems to not be enough adjustment to co-witness. I threw it on quick to check the check weld and see how it popped when looking down the rifle.

It's awesome for eyes open. You look where you want to aim, then bring the rifle into your vision and *bam*, there's the dot and the rifle/sight body is fuzzy, like it's not even there. I think it's the dot size.

·
Premium Member
9,492 Posts
Looks great, nice and light.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Troy Battle Ax CQB grip
Full disclosure: I did have to use a file on the inside of the grip to get it to slip on. The mold was too close together on the part that goes into the lower. A couple swipes, and it slid right on the proper position. Feels a lot like a Magpul MOE-K.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I am wanting to sell my EOtech to try this K.I.S.S. setup but with the triangle reticle or 3.25 dot
I picked the dual w/ small amber dot because I wasn't sure if the bigger dot would occlude more of what I was aiming at. Now that I have it, I don't think it would. I believe a bigger dot would just make it faster.

The red dot I had previous was a 3MOA, and my eyes just aren't that great anymore, so I figured the 7MOA would be easier on the eyes. It is, and I think it'll be fine for accuracy too. It's not like I'll be shooting a dot sight to 600m.

I also went with the dual-illuminated to avoid the battery hassle. I knew going in about the reported issues and I'm fine with that. I'll see if I have the same issues, which at most seem to be specific situations. Most of which I don't believe I'll be finding myself in.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quick update: Did some quick fun with clays taped to cardboard (7-10 yds) the other day and the sight is great. Very fast to pick up. The amber was not washed out in full sun light and it showed up easily on the orange of the clays. I'm excited to see how it'll work at distance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts