FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mounted the Trijicon MRO on a Design Machine mount two weeks ago and after a couple of range trips, I couldn't be happier with the combination. It gives a cheek weld very similar to an AR with a lower 1/3 co-witness mount. It's precision is more than adequate, the field of view is great, and with the good cheek weld the low mount allows, it is very fast.

On the down side, it was a very tight fit on the back and that made it a bit difficult to line up the hardware, but it's nothing that a couple of taps with a punch couldn't fix and I don't think it is going anywhere.

Bottom line: I highly recommend both the optic and the mount.

·
Vendor
147 Posts
drmaudio,
Thank you very much for the GREAT video review, very nice. That tightness in the rear is gone now, I made a compound angle to take an extra .002" off because these things vary a little. I'm glad you like it, seems like a lot of people do I can't keep the MRO mount on the shelf. The SBR should be no problem as long as the receiver is the same. (If it doesn't work you can always send it back.) Thanks again, Duane.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
drmaudio,
Thank you very much for the GREAT video review, very nice. That tightness in the rear is gone now, I made a compound angle to take an extra .002" off because these things vary a little. I'm glad you like it, seems like a lot of people do I can't keep the MRO mount on the shelf. The SBR should be no problem as long as the receiver is the same. (If it doesn't work you can always send it back.) Thanks again, Duane.
Thanks for the great product and solution. It was not much more than the width of the finish. .002" will definitely do it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I don't know, but I actually like the tightness of the mount. Makes me confident that the mount will not come loose with too much abuse on the gun. Either way, it is nice to see Duane continuously contribute to the PS90 club. Thanks!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Great video, I just bought a PS90 and was looking for the best optics solution for it. I think I found it. I'll be putting my order in tomorrow. I took the gun out yesterday and put 200 rounds through it, what a great weapon. We had a shoot day with the guys and after an hour of shooting I brought out my secret weapon. Some had never seen one and nobody had ever fired one but everyone loved it. I bought the Five Seven last year and since then I've been waiting to get PS90 now I got the set.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great video, I just bought a PS90 and was looking for the best optics solution for it. I think I found it. I'll be putting my order in tomorrow. I took the gun out yesterday and put 200 rounds through it, what a great weapon. We had a shoot day with the guys and after an hour of shooting I brought out my secret weapon. Some had never seen one and nobody had ever fired one but everyone loved it. I bought the Five Seven last year and since then I've been waiting to get PS90 now I got the set.
Thank you. Yes, it is always a big head turner at the range.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't know, but I actually like the tightness of the mount. Makes me confident that the mount will not come loose with too much abuse on the gun. Either way, it is nice to see Duane continuously contribute to the PS90 club. Thanks!!
Agreed

·
Registered
10 Posts
Installed this same exact setup today and love my ps90 even more than before. Cant wait for the next range trip. The mount was difficult to get on at the rear but I like that its so tight.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bought a PS90 recently. Once I got on this forum, I was pleasantly surprised to find a wealth of information. This thread in particular cemented the configuration I will use for a sight solution. I purchased the MRO and made the order with Design Machine for the mount. A couple of weeks after the order, I called to see where I stood in the shipping order. (Excited, ya know.) Duane called me back and we had a great conversation about the order. (and life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness) A truly great guy and he let me know that my mount is due in shortly. Highly recommended, even in advance of the receipt of my order. Though my PS90 will not be unique, I'll drop a couple of pics just to update the thread. Thanks to all who share the knowledge. It is appreciated.

MRO mounted to Design Machine mount. Snacks ready, too.

20160623_155236.jpg

Finished.

20160623_162425.jpg

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Great video, thanks for sharing!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts