FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...because yes, I want an RMRcc for my MRD Midsize. I emailed Triji yesterday, this response came today. There are options available for those interested.

Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, at this time we do not have plans to offer a plate for the FN509. I will be sure to record your request for future project consideration.

In the mean time, I would refer you to AmerigunUSA or C&H Precision, who can manufacture custom mounting plates

AmerigunUSA, LLC C&H Precision
4024 Martus Road 459 Edsel Dr, Richmond Hill, GA 31324
North Branch, MI 48461 Richmond Hill, GA 3132
Phone: (248) 343-4854 Phone: (912) 445-5803
Email: [email protected] http://www.chpws.com/
Home - Live - AmeriGunUSA

Thank you,
Dan
Trijicon® Technical Support

·
Registered
35 Posts
I bought a Trijicon RMCcc unit for my brand new 509, to discover the RMRcc does not fit a 509. After discussions with Trijicon technical support, I am awaiting my new Trijicon FDE 700696 RMR now. Five minutes to bolt it in place when it gets here.

·
Premium Member
8,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I bought a Trijicon RMCcc unit for my brand new 509, to discover the RMRcc does not fit a 509. After discussions with Trijicon technical support, I am awaiting my new Trijicon FDE 700696 RMR now. Five minutes to bolt it in place when it gets here.
If you notice in my OP a Dan from Trijicon Technical Support provided the contact information for custom mounting plate manufacturers. So yes, you can mount an RMRcc on a FN509 without voiding warranty.

·
Premium Member
8,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPDATE:

This is the response I recieved from AmeriGunUSA...

We can make a custom plate that will work fo rthe RMRcc in the current slide cut on your slide. The cost would be $140 plus $25 for return S/H and insurance. We will need the slide, barrel, and RMRcc (if you don't have one we can provide one at a great price) we would then mount and boresight it for you as well. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out.

Thank You,
AmeriGunUSA
4024 Martus Rd

North Branch, MI 48461

·
Premium Member
8,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UPDATE:

As is typical for me, I conduct my due diligence making inquires before purchasing and am provided with truths just never the whole truth as it always seems.

So, here I sit checking what's new on Trijicon's website when low and behold there it is! A mounting plate Trijicon in no less than three emails claimed they had no interest in offering at anytime in the future near or far.

A New For 2021 Trijicon RMRcc Mounting Adapter Plate for FN 509 MRD's. Imagine that, seems hell must have frozen over in Trijicon's private little purgatory.

The good news here, I'll finally be able to mount the RMR I prefer, the "cc" version. The bad news here, I now have to sell my full size RMR purchased a few months back.

Dammit Man!

Reactions: LESTER

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey SeaMac, I found the plate on the Trijicon website but have yet to find a way to purchase it... Do you know of any retailers that have it?? So frustrating, I can see it but I can't have it!

·
Premium Member
8,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey SeaMac, I found the plate on the Trijicon website but have yet to find a way to purchase it... Do you know of any retailers that have it?? So frustrating, I can see it but I can't have it!
Click on link I provided in post #5 then click....Find A Dealer in red box lower righthand corner.....IShowUdaWay~

It is a new for 2021 product so it may take some time before it shows as in-stock online or local. Patience is key, it can also be a waste of time. YMMV

·
Registered
4 Posts
UPDATE I threw patience out the window since it had been 20 minutes, called FN Directly.. Stephen couldn't have been nicer! Here is their reply to my online request. If you need this Mounting plate call them!

"Thank you for your patronage of Trijicon products. Due to current market conditions and strong demand for our products, our current production lead times are extended. We are still shipping product every day, but as we move through this time, we have paused the ability to purchase directly through Trijicon.com. If you would like to reach out and place an order directly with Trijicon, please call 1-800-338-0563 ext. 1550 and our Customer Service team can help you."

Mine is on it's way!

·
Premium Member
8,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
UPDATE I threw patience out the window since it had been 20 minutes, called FN Directly.. Stephen couldn't have been nicer! Here is their reply to my online request. If you need this Mounting plate call them!

"Thank you for your patronage of Trijicon products. Due to current market conditions and strong demand for our products, our current production lead times are extended. We are still shipping product every day, but as we move through this time, we have paused the ability to purchase directly through Trijicon.com. If you would like to reach out and place an order directly with Trijicon, please call 1-800-338-0563 ext. 1550 and our Customer Service team can help you."

Mine is on it's way!
Awesome! Confused though, did you call FN or Trijicon?

·
Premium Member
8,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
1 Posts
.response to Seamac ^^^

Going through the same headache now, however one of the companies Trijicon referred you to has a special on those plates now and is mailing me one for $44. It’s on the way to me now. 2 day priority mail.
I just unboxed my rmrcc today only to find out the pattern is different. I was so ready to dial it in.
Did you sell your rmr? If it’s still available let me know. I maybe looking for another R2 3.5 or smaller. Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Yes, the "cc" has a different screw pattern. You can purchase an adapter plate for the 509 direct from Trijicon.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Curious as to how you like the cc vs the regular RMR. I need to get my M&Pc milled for a dot as well as my G20.

·
Premium Member
8,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Is the CC a scaled down version of an RMR type II?

Bill
It sits in the same footprint lengthwise as the type 2 it's just not as tall or wide...

·
Premium Member
8,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
1 - 20 of 25 Posts