FN Herstal Firearms banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Why would someone buy this when your price ($140) is double what Trijicon and CHPWS charge ($69 +/-) and appears to only come in raw stainless?
Hello everyone, As far as I know the trijicon one was 120$ and is not available on the site and the chpws also has not been released for the rmrcc. I make mine out of 17-4 stainless making the threads as strong as possible for the hole positions and post thickness and will offer it with a black blued finish if asked. Also mine will be available.

·
Premium Member
8,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
It is my understanding the Trijicon adapter can be ordered by calling and the CHPWS is now in stock both are selling for $69 +/-.

You also need to register as a vendor with the forum owner before you can sell or advertise.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
It is my understanding the Trijicon adapter can be ordered by calling and the CHPWS is now in stock both are selling for $69 +/-.

You also need to register as a vendor with the forum owner before you can sell or advertise.
The reason I actually made this is because I called trijicon and they told me to look at the CHPWS because they could not help me. I did look into it but it has a weird disclaimer/pre order agreement when you order. I had the rmrcc and the 509 but no way to put them together so i made this but I can only make 50 right now and the cost is unfortunately as low as I can go for now.

Thank you also for helping me contact the correct member for the vendor registration.

·
Premium Member
8,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Trijicon told me the same then gave a new product release not long after. I want the "cc" but won't buy one until I have the Trijicon plate in hand.

CHPWS informed me they wanted big $$ to prototype their plate therefore I'll never do business with them.

One of the reasons FN's new MRD system is so good is the use of the o-ring. Does your plate use the o-ring?

I hope it all works out for you and good luck.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
I was looking at the one that trijicon was making but what I didn’t like about it was the thickness of the plate, I wish I took a screenshot. It looked like it made the overall height taller then a normal type 2 and with no cowitnes. That’s why I made the step in the back instead of a consistent thickness. That’s how I am still getting a co witness. Also a good point that you bring up is the o ring, in the picture that the CHPWS people put up it had two o-rings, I don’t know why. I wanted to replicate as faithfully as possible so I only use the one o-ring like the OEM. I finally found something on the chp mount and that over hang is not looking good.

Attachments

21 - 25 of 25 Posts