FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today is reach out to manufacturer's day. I've spent the better part of the AM touching base with firearms accessory manufacturer's to see where they stand on the development of certain products. The last to call was Trijicon to get an update on the potential of a 5.56/62gr BDC reticle in the VCOG. Why Triji offered an optic specifically designed for the military with BDC reticles calibrated in 55 and 77 grain is beyond me, but they did? As it turns out, they are now seriously considering a 62gr BDC reticle in both horseshoe and segmented configurations. If we call Triji and let Eric know, we would REALLY prefer such a reticle the chances of seeing one sooner rather than later is possible. I'm on a quest to shave weight from my 16s and although I do like my Leupold Mk6 1-6x20, it along with the ADM Recon SW mount adds significant weight that I'd prefer to shed. The VCOG requires no rings, has a built-in "fin" to assist with mag/pwr adjustment and offers as an option a KillFlash as well very nice Tenebraex lens covers all in a lighter package. Trijicon is well known for their combat proven durable and robust optics and the VCOG fits my needs to a tee. So, if you're like me and would like to see a VCOG calibrated in 62gr 5.56, you need to let Trijicon know......800-338-0563 ask for Eric!

·
Premium Member
8,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Reactions: aquaticpig

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I reached out to request the Horseshoe reticle on the Accupoint line. i've been considering a VCOG, but the horseshoe gets so small at 1x. I want it large....all the time. Don't laugh too hard at that.

·
Premium Member
8,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You could always opt for the segmented reticle!?! IMHO, Too large a dot can obscure a target, not that precision targeting does much good in CQB but still, all things in moderation even dot size. YMMV

I reached out to request the Horseshoe reticle on the Accupoint line. i've been considering a VCOG, but the horseshoe gets so small at 1x. I want it large....all the time. Don't laugh too hard at that.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Agreed, but that's why i like the Horseshoe. it is large enough to draw your eye with a small dot in the center. At 1x, both the segmented circle and horseshoe. I figure if i need a 1x on my SCAR, it's best to have the largest reticle acquisition possible.

·
Premium Member
8,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
With this train of thought, if forced to go 1x "things" have gotten a bit too close for comfort at which time anything that quickly aligns the business end in the proper direction is a good thing. How to achieve this rapid alignment is a matter of personal preference. Hopefully the Engineer types at Trijicon offer up some options.

Agreed, but that's why i like the Horseshoe. it is large enough to draw your eye with a small dot in the center. At 1x, both the segmented circle and horseshoe. I figure if i need a 1x on my SCAR, it's best to have the largest reticle acquisition possible.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts