FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to trim down that step that separates the middle finger and ring finger (no idea what it's there for) for a better grip and more comfortable feel. Has anyone done this, are there any suggestions about it, how thick is the plastic there, is there anything vital in there, does anyone have a cross section photo or the lower receiver, and most importantly is it even possible? I may put an activation switch in there like the new P90 laser models have.

·
Registered
980 Posts
That is where the activation switch for the grenade launcher aiming module on the F2000 is. The stock is hollow behind there. You may find it tricky to get rid of that ledge in a comfortable, and good-looking way.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The area behind the lump is hollow but as you can see in my picture it is segmented into several cells you could drill a hole into the cell behind the lump then fill it with epoxy before shaping it down and refinishing it.

·
Banned
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks

Thanks. That's exactly what I was looking for. What inspired you to disassemble your receiver?

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Nice job! Where did u get the stencils?

TA

·
Registered
121 Posts
Damn you mcguiver. Everytime I see your gun I want it more. :cry:

Ive always hated the extra hump as well. I really think that the FS2000 would even have a better trigger pull if it wasn't for that bump. If I shoot for extended periods of time at long ranges my hand can get a little sore. I think its related to this extra shape. I don't have that issue at all with the PS90.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Truly...a thing of beauty! ::!!!::

What I really want to know now is, how did you fabricate the front-grip hand-guard replacement? :eek:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Basicly I used the same tecnique I was suggesting for removing the lump on the grip. I started with the factory grip and used a peice of alluminum 2" X 3" X 1/4" as a base plate to give the rail a solid mounting point. once the aluminum plate was installed I was able to fill the forend with epoxy. after the epoxy dried I used a grinding wheel and a dremmel tool to shape it down to the shape that I wanted. after I got the shaping done I drilled out and tapped holes into the alluminum core and bolted three 4" rails in place I used spray on bedliner to give it the orange peel texture of the original forend and duracoated it black The flip down virtical grip I was able to order through one of my suppliers at the gunshop I work at. all the work took about one afternoon to complete and the new grip is much lower profile than the railed forend FN makes even with the virtical grip folded flat it is still lower profile than the factory FS2000 forend.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts