FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to upgrading my FNP-40 sights to night sights and like the sounds and looks of the TruGlo TRITIUM/FIBER OPTIC (TFO) series. I've used their fiber optics sights on my turkey shotgun and it's a whole lot easier for my over 50 eyes to get a good sight picture. I want to do the same thing with my FNP. Unfortunately TruGlo doesn't list a TFO model number for the FNP-40. I've emailed TruGlo asking if they have an model for the FNP-40 but haven't received an answer. Their website list the following pistol models they fit.

http://www.truglo.com/content/products/firearm/handgun_sights/handgun_sights.asp

• Glock 17 / 17L, 19, 22, 23, 24, 26, 27, 33, 34, 35, 38 and 39
    Glock 20, 21, 29, 30, 31, 32 and 37
    Sig #8 front / #8 rear
    Sig #6 front / #8 rear
    H&K USP (excluding USP Compact and Tactical)
    Kimber
    Springfield XD

Anybody know if sights for any of those models are interchangeable with the FNP-40 by chance. I know it's a long shot, pardon the pun, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just heard back from TruGlo - actually scrolled up my email window. :oops: They don't have an expected release date. I assume that means they're working on or thinking about a model for the FNP.

·
Registered
735 Posts
The only night sights I know of that are available for the FNP-40 are the Ameriglos. Maybe try NiteSiters. I've heard a lot of good things about them, they're a sponsor here, and you can't really go wrong with the price.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I've got a Truglo sight on my Remington (Baikal) SPR 453, and I really like it. I would love to have a set of Truglo sights or Williams Firesights on my FNP40! :?

·
Registered
405 Posts
I made some custom TRG/TFO sights for the FSN.

It has been my experience that having a standard rear night sight and a TRG/TFO front sight works best.

If the demand is strong enough I can always make a custom run of TRG/TFO front sights for the FNP.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Nice your sights came out real good. How much would you charge. I'm sure a lot of people would buy if the price is good.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I would have to look into it. It would be based on demand. I would have to get an FNP slide and start taking measurements.

It comes down to what it will take to modify whats out there. I would use what ever off the shelf rear night site or the customer could already have put them on. You can call the sight makers and order just the rear drop in. I would work on the front.

Let me look into it and see if I can come up with a slide.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Will do.

I am finalizing a prototype red dot base for the FSN so you can mount one of those mini red dot on the pistol. After that I will look into it more.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts