FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In an election year filled with very strong emotions, on both sides, votes were cast, and, when most of those legal votes were counted, Joe Biden emerged with a commanding lead in both the electoral colllege votes and ~5 million more popular votes than his opponent, Donald Trump. Despite a lot of complaining and lawsuits filed, the reality, the evidence, and the opinions of every single Republican/Democratic person in charge of state elections has stated, on the record, that their state's election results are free from fraud and/or corruption. At what point is this just a candidate who lost a legitimate election just acting like a sore loser?

·
Registered
979 Posts
Russia Russia Russia.

China China China.

Just like 2016 this election was rigged and influenced upon by foreign governments. The vote is illegitimate?

Perhaps each state legislature should vote who should be president!

·
Registered
347 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Perhaps each state legislature should vote who should be president!
Hell no. I don't want any group of elected officials deciding who's president. How about each county in the USA gets one vote and that is determined by the counties popular vote totals. 1 vote per county. That would ensure "flyover" country is never ignored again and that giant liberal cities do not determine everyone elses fate.

·
Registered
93 Posts
To be completely fair, I seem to remember the left encouraging Clinton to not concede in 16, and Gore in 2000 didn't concede until December. And that was just with one state in question.

I voted third party in 16 and this year, so I'm just keeping some perspective with history in mind.

·
Registered
816 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Calling this election ‘fair and square’ is absurd. In my own state there are photos and video of poll workers locking out observers and covering windows with butcher paper while counting the ballots. It’s shameful and embarrassing that nearly half the country is ok going along with this as long as they get the results they like.

The idiots putting on their party hats 🥳 and thinking they won because their point of view is currently approved by the statist elites seem to be forgetting that their own voices can be suppressed just as easily if they ever have the temerity to step out of line.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Hell no. I don't want any group of elected officials deciding who's president. How about each county in the USA gets one vote and that is determined by the counties popular vote totals. 1 vote per county. That would ensure "flyover" country is never ignored again and that giant liberal cities do not determine everyone elses fate.
Not only is it funny that you responded Hell no but it is hilarious that several people agreed with you. It is funny on several different levels and perhaps shows that ignorance is rampant on this board. Maybe I give people on this forum way too much credit. Indeed I do. Just because people can afford nice FN firearms and post on this board is no indication of intelligence or basic knowledge of the American Electoral College.

Republicans currently control 29 State Legislatures. Funny that you and others don't realize that simply fact. Had you realized that simply fact then perhaps your response wouldn't be hell no.

On another level our current electoral college elects the president. Just for giggles do you know who chooses how the electoral college voters are chosen? Yeah, it the State Legislature of each state. They can appoint them or have citizen vote for them. You stated you didn't want an elected official deciding who is president. I laughed several minutes after I read that jewel

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Not only is it funny that you responded Hell no but it is hilarious that several people agreed with you. It is funny on several different levels and perhaps shows that ignorance is rampant on this board. Maybe I give people on this forum way too much credit. Indeed I do. Just because people can afford nice FN firearms and post on this board is no indication of intelligence or basic knowledge of the American Electoral College.

Republicans currently control 29 State Legislatures. Funny that you and others don't realize that simply fact. Had you realized that simply fact then perhaps your response wouldn't be hell no.

On another level our current electoral college elects the president. Just for giggles do you know who chooses how the electoral college voters are chosen? Yeah, it the State Legislature of each state. They can appoint them or have citizen vote for them. You stated you didn't want an elected official deciding who is president. I laughed several minutes after I read that jewel
Everything you posted I know and understand. You spoke of a different way to elect the president, I gave you an example I could get behind. Simple.
Yep, I'm a pretty stupid LM SSC GPS engineer with a 167 IQ. Dumb as a brick.

·
Registered
816 Posts

Reactions: Canyon Man

·
Registered
979 Posts
Everything you posted I know and understand. You spoke of a different way to elect the president, I gave you an example I could get behind. Simple.
Yep, I'm a pretty stupid LM SSC GPS engineer with a 167 IQ. Dumb as a brick.
Wow, you must be super duper smart. I barely got out of high school and work manual labor.

You still don't get it with your 167 IQ. I didn't speak of a different way to elect the President. I merely pointed out that the state legislatures have the right on how to decide who is in the electoral college for their state. That power is given to them in the US constitution.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Haha, but actually, No... Trump actually lost the election by 306-232. Ironically, Joe Biden won with the exact same margin of EC votes that Donald Trump did in 2016, though with a different map. Only, instead of losing the popular vote by 3 million, as Trump did in 2016, Biden won the popular vote by 5 million in 2020.

We'll see who leads our Nation, come January, but, having lost the election, Trump has no claim to stand on.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts