FN Herstal Firearms banner

61 - 80 of 118 Posts

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
So... Here we are, more than 2 weeks out from the election. All indications are that Joe Biden won 306-232 in the Electoral College and by > 5 Million in the popular vote. Thus far, despite a lot of noise and fury from the right, there has been absolutely no credible evidence, of any kind, of any significant voter fraud presented in a court of law. Talk is cheap. Twitter is cheaper, So... Can we all put on our big boy/girl pants and acknowledge that Joe Biden won, fair and square?

At what point does the failure to concede (we past graceful concession a long time ago...), when all evidence is against him, become evidence of a poor loser?

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Wayne Co. canvassers deadlock on certifying Nov. 3 election results

Michigan Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson said in an interview on CNN that “it appears that the truth won in this scenario. “The evidence is clear — there were no irregularities, there was no evidence of widespread fraud, and in fact there were simply minor clerical errors,”

·
Registered
816 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Canyon Man, it was determined by the people of this country! They voted Trump out of office! Your guy lost. Period. End of story. Joe Biden will become President on Jan 20, 2021, because the people have spoken.
your team of antifa and blm scum doxed a mom and her kids for doing her job and recognizing that there were more ballots than voters in her precinct among other problems.

now you show your support of these domestic terrorists giving out the names of the schools her kids go to, in order to threaten and intimidate her into agreeing.

you are a disgusting piece of work and should be banned here.

/she refused to sign the certification.

Reactions: SpikerAdams

·
Registered
816 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Glowing Plasma is having a field day of fun right now ahahahahaha.. I can just imagine him sitting at the keyboard - gender confused - and laughing his a$$ off while hitting the keyboard. Probably has a half dozen other gender confused friends watching and laughing and waiting for the angry responses to fly in ahahahahaha. I'm not even sure Plasma isn't a strong Trump supporter - No one, and I mean no one can actually believe the stuff he's posting. The entire world knows who won the election - except perhaps - the gender confused. Trump done proved his case - Individual states can do what they want. The Supreme Court is going to decide all this at the end of the day. There is just too much evidence this time around - no way they can let the original results ride. And if they do - Then they must contend with the people. The left is better off if the Supreme Court does it lol.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Glowing Plasma is having a field day of fun right now ahahahahaha.. I can just imagine him sitting at the keyboard - gender confused - and laughing his a$$ off while hitting the keyboard. Probably has a half dozen other gender confused friends watching and laughing and waiting for the angry responses to fly in ahahahahaha. I'm not even sure Plasma isn't a strong Trump supporter - No one, and I mean no one can actually believe the stuff he's posting. The entire world knows who won the election - except perhaps - the gender confused. Trump done proved his case - Individual states can do what they want. The Supreme Court is going to decide all this at the end of the day. There is just too much evidence this time around - no way they can let the original results ride. And if they do - Then they must contend with the people. The left is better off if the Supreme Court does it lol.
she is a privileged white house wife that lives in an upper middle class suburban neighborhood.
/but that is just a guess.

Reactions: Canyon Man

·
Administrator
11,356 Posts
Some of these post are very close to being classified as personal attacks upon another member.

Politics is a hot subject and a lot of leeway has been given to posters because of the recent election. Don't mistake this leeway as an open door to attack other members.

In the interest of this being a gun forum and not a political forum, if these attack post do not stop, I will start locking threads.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Wow. Your post says much more about your own insecurities than it says anything about me. I am male. I also have a penis, if that makes you feel more comfortable with my expression of my gender. You are right, the entire world does know who won the election (hint, it's not the current POTUS). It's Joe BIden/Kamala Harris. There is literally no credible evidence to the contrary!

·
Registered
816 Posts
EnIZdAGUcAYfpl9.jpg

·
Registered
93 Posts
Gray_Ghost, I lean left. I have friends who are pretty hardcore lefties. I also have family that lean hard to the right. I think your point is completely false. It was obvious that Hilary Clinton had lost when she conceded. I am not aware of any voices (significant or not) encouraging her not to concede (honestly, we were all too busy wallowing in our sorrow). This strikes me as revisionist history: change your memory of things to make your current actions seem more justifiable. By the way, the idea that "the other guy did it" is not a valid moral argument! If it's wrong, it's wrong! No matter the partisan affiliation of the wrong-doer. Regarding "when I express views that aren't lockstep, I get told to "shut up and pull the lever." I feel for you. Because much of the governmental system described under our Constitution favors a simple 50% + 1 vote majority, we have been and always will be, likely to have a 2 party system. That said, there is no reason why either of those parties has the be the Democratic Party or the Republican Party...
I think you're assuming that I'm defending Trump here. I didn't vote for him in 2016 nor did I vote for him this year. I voted third party both times because neither earned my vote, in my personal opinion. But I do remember an old saying about not worrying about the speck in someone else's eye when there's a log in your own, and was pointing out the hypocrisy that I saw from many notable people on the left, primarily on social media, immediately following the election.

I was not going to be particularly pleased either way with the 2016 election, so there was no point in wallowing in my sorrows with either result. As such, I kept a clear mind and simply observed the goings on following the 2016 election and this year's election. I was not making a moral argument, I was questioning why people only question the morality only when it favors them. As someone who has mostly libertarian leanings, I tend to notice hypocrisy from both sides, and call it as such. And typically I get the same "revisionist history" or "you don't understand how the world works" accusations from whichever side I call out.

About the "50+1" deal; the founders pretty clearly designed the Constitution to avoid that issue. Unfortunately, that has been eroded over the years. A big hit was when the Constitution was amended to make the position of Senator chosen by direct election, rather than by the respective State legislatures. The individual States no longer have their own voice in the federal government, and they're now little more than extensions of the federal government at this point, in terms of real power. I've also heard many (primarily on the left, but occasionally on the right when it would enable them to ramrod something through by simple majority) advocate to do away with the few remaining checks on a simple 50+1 format. Senator Schumer being one of the more notable to do so recently when he openly advocated for doing away with the filibuster if the Democrats were to regain control of the Senate.

A tyranny by the majority is still a tyranny. And I'm not a fan of a simple majority, of either party, being able to ramrod anything down our throats.

·
Registered
816 Posts

61 - 80 of 118 Posts