FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Vendor
5,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He said Mexico would fund the wall. :)

Trump: New Tolls on Border Crossers from Mexico Will Fund the Wall
On Tuesday, President Donald Trump revealed how his administration is taking the cost of the border wall off the backs of American taxpayers.
As a candidate in 2016, Trump promised to build a wall. He has kept that promise.

To date, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection, 317 miles of wall have been built. Trump has financed construction through the federal budget as he has sought to work out a deal with Mexico for funding.
During a rally Tuesday in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, Trump told his supporters how that deal will work.

“You know the wall now is past 300 miles. It’s exactly the wall that our great Border Patrol wanted. I was hoping a nice concrete plank for the builders in here, boom, boom, you put it,” he said, noting that the designs became more complex to address the needs of those patrolling the border.
“So we’re over 300 miles now, and we will be finished with it very soon and we have among the safest borders that we’ve ever had by far, and it’s a good time to have it too,” the president added.

Trump then talked about paying for the project.
“You know Mexico is paying for the wall just so you understand. They don’t say that,” Trump said.
“They never say it, but we’re going to charge a small fee at the border, the toll booths. We have toll booths. It’s the biggest border in the world in terms of people going across and in terms of industry, believe it or not, the southern border. We’re putting a small toll on and maybe we’re going to do something with remittance.”

Remittance payments are wages earned in America that are then sent back to another country, according to Fox Business.
“All the money that we spent on the wall will be coming back,” Trump said. “Remember I used to say, ‘Who’s going to pay for it?’ They’d say Mexico. That’s right. That’s right. Mexico is going to pay for it.”
The president noted that during his time in office, Mexico has gone from helping to cause problems at the border to helping to control illegal immigration.

“Mexico and I get along great,” Trump said.
“In fact they have 27,000 soldiers along our southern border protecting us from people coming into our country. Can you imagine that? Twenty-seven thousand, and I did that so that we don’t put tariffs on their products coming in, it was very simple. I said, ‘You got to do it,’ and the president’s been great, he’s a friend of mine, he’s doing a very good job. Not easy, Mexico’s not easy, but he’s doing a very good job.
Has President Trump kept his campaign promises?
Yes No
Completing this poll entitles you to The Western Journal news updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
“But the wall is almost completed and it’s a tremendous wall. It’s everything that the Border Patrol people wanted. I gave them everything. I said, ‘What else do you want?’ It’s wired for every single thing you could have. Remember the Democrats, ‘We don’t want a wall, we want drones flying.’ Oh that helps us a lot, drones, so you can watch everybody pour in to our country, right?” Trump said.
Trump added that his administration has reversed the trend of America’s border security growing weaker and weaker.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Oh, good heavens. This is just inaccurate. We can debate the political merits of one side vs. the other all day, but we shouldn't be debating objective reality. Whether you approve of it or not, to date, there has been about $15 Billion spent on the construction of the "wall". About $5 Billion of that came via normal budget appropriations through Congress. The other $10 Billion came from transfers from the Military's budget--money that would have spent on family housing, anti-drug opertions, etc. Something like $2.5 Billion of that $10 Billion has been ruled an illegal transfer. Exactly $0 have come from Mexico, while the enite $15 Billion have been paid by US taxpayers. That's about $45 for every man, woman, and child in the US. All for a fence that can be easily defeated by a guy with a Sawzall or a flash flood. This is fact. It's just reality. We can debate whether this is a worthwhile endeavor or not, but let's make sure we all are aware of reality.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Three things I have to say to the GP: Im in for another $45 for the next 300+ miles.

So if a flash flood knocks down a section of wall; will people be crossing during that flash flood? Not likely. Then when its over we go in and fix the SMALL section that tipped over and install concrete spillways to prevent further.

Lastly; video of someone actually sawzalling it or it didn't happen. I see liberal news article SAYING its happening but I dont see any videos of it actually taking place. Post me a vid or shut it!

Reactions: Ironminer and M1P90

·
Registered
72 Posts
Three things I have to say to the GP: Im in for another $45 for the next 300+ miles.

So if a flash flood knocks down a section of wall; will people be crossing during that flash flood? Not likely. Then when its over we go in and fix the SMALL section that tipped over and install concrete spillways to prevent further.

Lastly; video of someone actually sawzalling it or it didn't happen. I see liberal news article SAYING its happening but I dont see any videos of it actually taking place. Post me a vid or shut it!

"Smugglers sawed into new sections of President Trump’s border wall 18 times in the San Diego area during a single one-month span late last year, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection records obtained by The Washington Post via a Freedom of Information Act request."

So, yeah. you can breach it without too much difficulty with or without a video of it actually happening.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I didnt ask for a liberal rag report of sawing into the fence. I said show me one single video of someone actually sawing through Trumps ballard fence.

"Smugglers sawed into new sections of President Trump’s border wall 18 times " You see how they never say explicitly that they sawed through the wall and breached it. This is classic BS News-speak

"CBP said the 18 incidents were a count of smuggling attempts that required the U.S. government to repair the structure and did not necessarily represent successful breaches that allowed narcotics or migrants to illegally enter the United States. "

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sir, I could post you video but you would not believe it. Your mind is closed. Your eyes are shut. Your ears are plugged. You will argue away any fact that doesn't fit your narrow world view. You are willfully ignorant to reality, and a tool of your propaganda masters.

·
Registered
72 Posts
"CBP said the 18 incidents were a count of smuggling attempts that required the U.S. government to repair the structure and did not necessarily represent successful breaches that allowed narcotics or migrants to illegally enter the United States. "
You're right! I mean, maybe the people who sawed through the fence did so, gave themselves a big high 5, and all went home. I mean now that they had a hole through the "border wall" I'm totally sure these people wouldn't try to smuggle drugs or people into the United States...

·
Vendor
5,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We did pay for the wall up front but the article is about the tolls and Remittance payments that will eventually pay us back. It will take years or decades but I say GREAT! Toll roads are used here in the US all the time and even between states. They work. Build more wall!!! :)

·
Vendor
1,754 Posts
People argue as if life were binary. Sex is binary, you are either XX, or XY, there is no third choice. But with walls, it is not binary.

Will a wall stop 100%? No. It will not.

Will a wall stop 0%? No. It will stop some.

We can argue till the cows come home (which, I think, is around sundown), as to where the correct number is between 0 and 100%, but the correct answer is that walls will slow, but not stop, illegal crossings. No one knows the real exact number. We can also argue if we think it is worth it, again, no one can say for sure, but it makes interesting talk while drinking beer together.

I'm willing to bet that on a per mile basis, the border wall costs less than Whitmer's wall.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Sir, I could post you video but you would not believe it. Your mind is closed. Your eyes are shut. Your ears are plugged. You will argue away any fact that doesn't fit your narrow world view. You are willfully ignorant to reality, and a tool of your propaganda masters.
LOL. So you cant. I thought not.

Again you are wrong. My mind is wide open. However, I have a AAA+ rated, certified and homoginized, BS filter that can spot liberal conjecture and double speak every time. I will call it out every time.

No fence is full proof. A well funded cartel will have the resources to do it if they are willing to put in the effort. A scrawny but nimble person could probably go hand over hand right over the top. Thats not the point. I know for a fact the the liberal rags will, in order to try to make Trump look bad, simply say the fence is easily defeatable and has been defeated over and over. Because that is what liberal trash does. Make sh|t up out of whole cloth.

When I see a bunch of people pouring throut a hole in it; I will KNOW it happened. However, just because some POS Liberal biased rags says its happening; that doesnt mean it happened. They just SAY it happened. and we kknow THEY LIE! Notice the reports present not one shred of evidence it happened. The pics of the two bollards cut. That is stock photo from the testing phase.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
You're right! I mean, maybe the people who sawed through the fence did so, gave themselves a big high 5, and all went home. I mean now that they had a hole through the "border wall" I'm totally sure these people wouldn't try to smuggle drugs or people into the United States...
The lack of reading comprehension is astounding. Apparently I need to define the word "attempts" for you. As I said, notice how they NEVER once explicitly state a full beach and crossover of personel and or materials. They simply LIE by IMPLYING it happened. That is how the liberal mind operates. That way they cant be sued for libel.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
As for Mexico paying for the wall. They probably already have, in $$$ saved, by not having to deal with another 2 million illegals. This is what the liberal mind simply ignores. Trump explicitly stated; NO President Mexico is NOT going to cut us a check. They will pay for it by $$$ saved not dealing with the dregs crawling into our country with their hands out, palms up, saying "pay me". They will pay for it by the reversal of NAFTA in favor of a deal much more benifitial to the USA! They will pay for it in many many ways by us NOT having to deal with problems we are not responsible for.

However, the liberal mind simply refuses to accept that our Duly elected, and belovid president, DONALD JOHN TRUMP is doing whats best for AMERICA! EFF YA!

Reactions: M1P90 and Ironminer

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
And from a liberal rag trying to downplay the USMCA agreement and again trash Trump. Quote "In an analysis done last year, the independent International Trade Commission calculated that USMCA would add 0.35% or $68 billion, to economic growth and generate 176,000 jobs over six years. Keep in mind they were attempting to display how pitifully small the impact of the USMCA would be. PHHT!

How much was the wall going to cost? Ohh yea about $50B. Even according to an anti-Trump news rag; Mexico will pay for the wall, in other ways, through $$$ saved, in under 6 years.

WERD!!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
People argue as if life were binary. Sex is binary, you are either XX, or XY, there is no third choice. But with walls, it is not binary.
In point of fact, there are multiple other options. You could be born with X, Y, XXX, XXY, or XYY. In addition, some males are born 46XX due to the translocation of a tiny section of the sex determining region of the Y chromosome. Similarly some females are also born 46XY due to mutations in the Y chromosome. Life isn't black and white.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
There are only two genders. Male and female. Of course there are some mutants that have a certain degree of both male and female genetics. ie hemaphrodite. However, no matter the "degree" of in between they are. They are composed of some "ratio" of..... yep, you guessed it... male and/or female. Binalry!

There are only two genders.

The troll is strong with this one. 17 posts and 15 of them are to argue a matter that has been settled long ago.

·
Registered
72 Posts
There are only two genders. Male and female. Of course there are some mutants that have a certain degree of both male and female genetics. ie hemaphrodite. However, no matter the "degree" of in between they are. They are composed of some "ratio" of..... yep, you guessed it... male and/or female. Binalry!

There are only two genders.

The troll is strong with this one. 17 posts and 15 of them are to argue a matter that has been settled long ago.
My friend, you are not my enemy. I am not your enemy. I appreciate that you recognize my strength, though. Thank you!

I joined this group to talk about guns and learn about guns from those with personal experience. I'd really, really, really, rather talk about guns. But I have a strong aversion to those who propagate falsehoods and/or lack a sense of basic human decency, and I often refuse to stay silent or be complicit when confronted with such toxic outbursts. By your own admission, someone, through no fault of their own, could be born X% of one thing and Y% of another. That means there is a SPECTRUM between one extreme and the other--by your own words, you admit it is NOT binary. This is just biology. This is just sex. That bit about you referring to people as "mutants" is unacceptable--even if their own personal gentic makeup is different than "normal". Eugenics was all the rage in Nazi Germany, and it had a lot of proponents in this country too...

Gender is a whole separate thing--and it is most decidedly not binary. People are more complicated than you are willing to admit. You can either acknowledge this reality or wallow in your ignorance. The choice is yours, but it does not change the real world around us, which is complex and diverse and messy. There are shades of gray, all the way down, my friend.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I guess while I'm at it, let's talk about your signature:

"I saw some girl texting and driving the other day and it really pissed me off, so I rolled down my window and threw my beer at her!" LOLz"

So it's LOLz to throw your beer at someone? Even if they are texting while driving, that seems like a pretty dickish thing to do! Why is it relevant that it was "some girl"? Would it be just as funny if you threw your beer at some big muscular dude? Of course not, you wouldn't have the balls for that... But to pick on women, hey, that's FUNNY!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts