FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back my first batch of both the Black and FDE PMM Key Mod Rails and will be launching these real soon. I took some nice shots today that I wanted to share, I cant help but be elated with the FDE color match on my parts now, It took me quite a while to get them perfect!
~Jarod. DSC05019.jpg

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Very cool. I don't use the side rails at all (other than as a place to keep my rail covers :p) but I'd consider these just because they look slimmer. Are they aluminum? How much?

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Dude. Where did you get the front QD mount for the SCAR 17 & 16?

·
Registered
73 Posts
These look great. Please make a lower rail replacement in keymod too. It would be nice to lose the cheese grater feeling and thin everything out. If I didnt already mod my side rail months back I would be all over these. With a bottom rail, I'd buy a whole set.

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
These look great. Please make a lower rail replacement in keymod too. It would be nice to lose the cheese grater feeling and thin everything out. If I didnt already mod my side rail months back I would be all over these. With a bottom rail, I'd buy a whole set.

Already on it that is the next part for PMM to finish Standby for Solid Model and 3D printed test version in the next few days!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Already on it that is the next part for PMM to finish Standby for Solid Model and 3D printed test version in the next few days!
I'm not a totally on the wagon for any of the 1913, Keymod or M-Lok, but am a huge fan of addressing overall weight.
I just use what they sell and stare at it until I fall asleep, dreaming of new ideas.

In the end, no matter how light we get an object, it will actually free up the overall front weight for more rearward ammo weight.
This seems why the PS90 is very nice for it's purpose.
For the traditional longer range carbine that has been lightened drastically, more ammo and bigger mags will add total beneficial ammo weight "without the use of tools".
"Insert bigger mag".
"Swing weight still feels good".

Jarod,
To add to idea of shaving the Scar's overall swing weight, it has been asked here before.
We have a few choices right now.
-Atlas to 1913 and add ADM QD Bipod.
-KeyMod-to-1913 slab, then add Atlas ADM QD bipod.
-M-lok to 1913 slab, then add Atlas.

What can be done the keep the strong Atlas and QD capability, but remove parts material for the final attachment to a 6' clock Keymod or M-lok standard or extended lower rail user?

Not all of us are Military, and just have light civi-carbines that can take the Atlas/ADM QD.
The 1913/Atlas QD is quick and simple ovcourse, but as I look at it, the question of asking questions always arises.

I'm just picturing a 16s or 17s that has an Atlas QD Bipod that works straight into the Keymod or M-lok for the schitz-and-giggles part of it.
I don't think this odd modification is necessary, but seems "possible" to an engineer, and could be just as fast, as well as keeping a decent swing weight feel to the muzzle end of the rifle.

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm not a totally on the wagon for any of the 1913, Keymod or M-Lok, but am a huge fan of addressing overall weight.
I just use what they sell and stare at it until I fall asleep, dreaming of new ideas.

In the end, no matter how light we get an object, it will actually free up the overall front weight for more rearward ammo weight.
This seems why the PS90 is very nice for it's purpose.
For the traditional longer range carbine that has been lightened drastically, more ammo and bigger mags will add total beneficial ammo weight "without the use of tools".
"Insert bigger mag".
"Swing weight still feels good".

Jarod,
To add to idea of shaving the Scar's overall swing weight, it has been asked here before.
We have a few choices right now.
-Atlas to 1913 and add ADM QD Bipod.
-KeyMod-to-1913 slab, then add Atlas ADM QD bipod.
-M-lok to 1913 slab, then add Atlas.

What can be done the keep the strong Atlas and QD capability, but remove parts material for the final attachment to a 6' clock Keymod or M-lok standard or extended lower rail user?

Not all of us are Military, and just have light civi-carbines that can take the Atlas/ADM QD.
The 1913/Atlas QD is quick and simple ovcourse, but as I look at it, the question of asking questions always arises.

I'm just picturing a 16s or 17s that has an Atlas QD Bipod that works straight into the Keymod or M-lok for the schitz-and-giggles part of it.
I don't think this odd modification is necessary, but seems "possible" to an engineer, and could be just as fast, as well as keeping a decent swing weight feel to the muzzle end of the rifle.
I am working on my Lower KeyMod panel right now to replace the 1913. rail section after that I will do some M-Lock units perhaps. The whole point in my opinion of the KM is to have direct mount accessories and not have to run a 1913 Key mod panel.
Given the amount of time the 1913 rail has been in use It would be advantageous to develop accessory that mount in all configurations Keymod,M-lock and 1913 with a small adapter This is another thing I am working on.
~Jrod.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts