Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One is listed as for the USG model only:

And the other is not listed for any particular model:

Can we use either one on the PS90?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
FNH said the first part # is the older part #, but both are the same USG rail.

The USG rail comes with the front sight adjusting tool, if you didn't get one, contact Bob Ailes for a replacement.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome!

My order for an USG rail is still backordered for an unknown period of time. I suppose it will come in the same day the NFA is repealed.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
HHI 812 said:
How do I contact Bob Ailes? Mine didn't come with a tool?
Thanks,
Dennis
HH812, you and I have spoken via PM about your gun. Typically, you must buy the optic tool yourself. It does not come with the gun. Also, from what he is saying above, only the FACTORY rail comes with the tool (I didn't know that myself).

Most people do not have the factory rail - they cost so much. Most people have aftermarket rails on their setup. As you told me that you bought your PS90 with a rail already installed and the stock optic separate in the box - chances are you have an aftermarket rail. There is nothing wrong with that - most of us have that.

FN doesn't sell their standard PS90 with their brand of optic rail installed anyway. (the triple rail has a rail, but it's different, and isn't the version of the PS90 that you have).

But, that is probably why yours did not come with the stock sight adjustment tool. You have since told me that you agree that the stock sight sucks. So, just keep it in your box and put that Eotech 512 on it that you told me you already owned. Many people here have that set up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I still have the FN blue and white box that my rail came in. But since I just traded into the gun yesterday, maybe it came with it and the fella who owned it didn't give it to me with the deal. By the way, anyone know what size that allen wrench is to remove/install the rail? Is it a metric or English size. And ShipWreck, thanks for all your help last night. So many questions I threw at you, but I'm a newbie with this PS90, and sort of just traded into it on a whim, because my workmate wanted my AR, had no cash he wanted to part with, and said he didn't like the optic on his PS90. He said he only put 100 rounds in it, and got the rail with the intent of putting one of those little Tasco red dot sights(like the Docter site), but never did it. By the way, I like how small that little sight is, and as I told ShipWreck, I have a Eotech 512, but is the Tasco red dot better than the Eotech 512???

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
No problem - that is what we are here for.

I think the EOtech outclasses a Tasco sight by a mile - but U need to decide.

I bought my 511 Eotech knowing that it was shorter and might look more compact on the PS90. But, I really wish I had the battery life of the 512.

The wrenches are metric. I forget the exact size. But at WalMart - they sell a set of allen wrenches for like 99 cents. It has 2 sets - metric and standard. That's what I bought before I bought mine - because after shooting someone else's, I knew I would be replacing the stock sight.

Heck, I bought my Eotech and rails for the gun prior to even buying the PS90 (I had to track 1 down at the time).

Here is mine:

And a recent one w/o the rails - I have the side rails back on now, but have nothing on them at the moment:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. I have an Eotech 512 from an AR I parted with, and just put it on my PS90 with single rail mount It seems I have to really raise my head above the stock to use the sight???? Is this how it suppose to be? With the factory optic I'm resting on the stock. Might have to sell/trade off my Eotech for another optic but which one would really be lower with this single rail FN mount???? There is a peep hole through the rail base and a front sight in there, but kind of wanted a better optic than the factory white ring optic??? Any suggestions on a different mount or optic?
Thanks,
Dennis

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Yes, that is how the eotech sits. There will be no optic (aftermarket) that sits as low as the stock sight.

However, if U search around and look at some pics, there are 2 options that do sit lower. But, I still prefer the Eotech to them personally. 1 guy here just put a Dr Optic style red dot (there are like 3 or 4 versions of this thing sold by different companies - I think U can also buy one called a J Point).

The second low option is an ACOG with a special low mount sight - There is a review here:

http://www.fnforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=391

However, there is another option - PM Tomac for a picture of his setup. Magazine Parts sells an attachment to hook 2 mags together. Ith the second mag across the back, it raises the rear of the rifle up - That allows you to use the eotech easier.

Me, I am left eye dominant but right handed. I like the height of the Eotech.

Here is the link to that dual magazine clamp. This will fix U up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts