FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Two Is One, One Is None"

My wife hates this saying.

I have to install the Apex striker in the FDE gun and that's it as far as aftermarket parts left to install.

Not going to replace the extractors unless FTEs occur. Thus far both pistols have been very reliable with the FDE model getting shot the majority of the time during training.

Neither gun requires the yellow spring to function.

·
Registered
54 Posts
"Two Is One, One Is None"

My wife hates this saying.

I have to install the Apex striker in the FDE gun and that's it as far as aftermarket parts left to install.

Not going to replace the extractors unless FTEs occur. Thus far both pistols have been very reliable with the FDE model getting shot the majority of the time during training.

Neither gun requires the yellow spring to function.
The only issue I've had with the comp is failure of the slide to lock back on an empty mag, started loading 115 grain FMJ's with 4.5 gr rather than the 3.8 I shoot out of my regular 509 and that issue went away...

Except for the optics that could be my 509T in FDE. I went with Holosun. How do you clean the comp?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The only issue I've had with the comp is failure of the slide to lock back on an empty mag, started loading 115 grain FMJ's with 4.5 gr rather than the 3.8 I shoot out of my regular 509 and that issue went away...

Except for the optics that could be my 509T in FDE. I went with Holosun. How do you clean the comp?

I don't clean it, don't see a reason to.

I clean the old lube away on the internals and put fresh lubricant roughly every 1000 rounds in my pistols.

·
Registered
54 Posts
5200 through the FDE and 400 through the black pistol.

The FDE model is my do-it-all gun with classes, training and EDC.
Same here. I did have to take the heavy duty striker I installed in it out and replace it with the stock striker. I don't know why but it developed some serious grittiness. I did everything I could think of the get rid of it , polished everything there is to polish, and nothing worked. I was going to go back to the stock trigger but decided to change out the striker as a last resort and that fixed it. I have the stock trigger in my regular 509 with the spring upgrade kit installed and he heavy duty striker and I have to say it's as smooth as the Apex in my 509T now after running several thousand rounds through it.

I've been thinking about buying a barrel comp combo from PMM for the regular 509, they have a 2 port comp on it, just because I really like shooting that thing just to keep my iron sight shooting sharp.

guns.jpg

·
Registered
33 Posts
To be perfectly honest, the factory extractor has zero issues. We designed and manufactured our extractor to be installed into our 5" slide, since it was ready to launch far before the slide, we decided to release it ahead of time.

·
Registered
76 Posts
To be perfectly honest, the factory extractor has zero issues. We designed and manufactured our extractor to be installed into our 5" slide, since it was ready to launch far before the slide, we decided to release it ahead of time.
A 5" slide for a barrel that's 4.5" in the 509T and 4" in the 509 and 509M? Hmmm...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts