FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
12,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So 2 years and 3 days later and I am still waiting on a back order for Ramshot True Blue and Zip powders in the 4lb containers. Still no fill date as far as the supplier is concerned so it is still on back order.

Don't want to drop the order because I am gauranteed the 2013 prices which is about 1/2 of the current price.

Go figure......

·
Registered
876 Posts
1/2 the current price = backorder forever

Had a similar situation on a custom gun I ordered. Bought it and it's price practically doubled. "Backordered" for over a year. Called monthly to check and everything. I kinda figured something was up so I canceled order and re-ordered gun at new price. Gun was magically available in a couple of weeks after dealer ordered it and got it shipped to him. Called and complained about the backorder fishiness and new order. Told them I wanted the price of my original order....even offered to pay an extra $200. They wouldn't have it and said my CC was going to be charged and shipped to my local FFL. So I called CC company and blocked the transaction. They called me pissed off of course demanding another form of payment. I offered them original backorder price + $200, they started to cuss so I said good luck trying to sell a shadow boxed, super engraved with gold accents P210 legend. Before you say I'm a horrible person....think of it...if the dealer was just honest and said hey I messed up and forgot to order your pistol at the introduction price instead of backordering me a year and lying when I called I would have been understanding.

·
Administrator
12,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like ramshot silhouette, have not tried zip. How do you like it? I saw it at sportsman warehouse a few weeks ago and almost bought some but didn't know anything about it
I like the Zip. I prefer the Silhouette but the Zip is just as good.

Ramshot is part of Western Powders and they make a whole lot of different powders under different names. I use True Blue exclusively for my 5.7X28mm loads but the Zip and Silhouette are interchangeably. The Silhouette meters better in my progressive though.

·
Administrator
12,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1/2 the current price = backorder forever

Had a similar situation on a custom gun I ordered. Bought it and it's price practically doubled. "Backordered" for over a year. Called monthly to check and everything. I kinda figured something was up so I canceled order and re-ordered gun at new price. Gun was magically available in a couple of weeks after dealer ordered it and got it shipped to him. Called and complained about the backorder fishiness and new order. Told them I wanted the price of my original order....even offered to pay an extra $200. They wouldn't have it and said my CC was going to be charged and shipped to my local FFL. So I called CC company and blocked the transaction. They called me pissed off of course demanding another form of payment. I offered them original backorder price + $200, they started to cuss so I said good luck trying to sell a shadow boxed, super engraved with gold accents P210 legend. Before you say I'm a horrible person....think of it...if the dealer was just honest and said hey I messed up and forgot to order your pistol at the introduction price instead of backordering me a year and lying when I called I would have been understanding.
They have been good to me. I ordered some 70+ pounds of powder at the same time (2013) and I have all of it except for the 8 lbs of True Blue and the 8 lbs of Zip and the 16 lbs of Tac on the shelf right now waiting for the remainder of the back order to be filled.

The order was split about a year ago when they needed room in the warehouse because of partial filled orders. They sent me the powder (38+ pounds) they had in stock at the time with no Hazmat fee to me because of the long wait. But as I said, they have honored their original order prices on all of the of powder that I ordered in 2013 so I am not going to cancel this one. I speak with them on occasion and orders are being filled, just not as fast as they want and this is due to Western Powders, not the retail store.

It may take awhile longer but I keep hoping that eventually I will be top of the back order list and the order will be filled. If I need True Blue I can always buy a 1lb container. It is the 4 lb containers and the 8 lb containers that are the hold ups. Western seems to put out a lot of 1 lb containers at the expense of the larger weighted containers.

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
Good luck.

Reactions: HK SD9 Tactical
1 - 8 of 8 Posts