FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to see what you fellow gun haters run in your car as far as brand of oils are concerned. I currently run Royal Purple 5w30 in my POS

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Whatever's the cheapest (I've got a '97 Lumina, I don't give a crap as long as it keeps it runnig). :oops:

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shame shame

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think im gonna get cheap oil too...i only have a 12:1 compression ratio!!

·
Registered
630 Posts
iCeMaN said:
not me, I only use Royal purple in my trucks with 17 to 1 compression and the best part is we only change to oil every 20k and zero engine problems

·
Registered
33 Posts
I run amsoil in all my cars and my harley. No better oil on the market and the only one with the highest ball wear test too. May cost a bit more but when you get 30,000 miles or 1 year it pays for itself.

If you look at many of the trucking companies that is what they are running. They send in a oil sample to have it checked and that oil ends up running around 200,000 miles in Diesel engines and the is little to no wear.

Just google it and you will find everything you need. I have been using it since the 90's but its been around much longer

·
Registered
475 Posts
I also use amsoil in my pickup, what a difference from the crap they use at jiffy lube

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
amsoil isn't very easy to get here....you have to buy it from them (ehhh) or buy it through a local distributor who sells it out of their garage.... :roll:

·
Registered
33 Posts
iCeMaN said:
amsoil isn't very easy to get here....you have to buy it from them (ehhh) or buy it through a local distributor who sells it out of their garage.... :roll:

That may be true in some area's. I use to order a years worth of oil for my vehicles off the web. Then the Napa auto store up here started carrying it so now I just walk in and buy it.

Trust me its worth it. It will also increase you mileage too. The best I got was 3 mpg on a Nissan Frontier pickup, but the average is around 1 mpg. Its just great oil

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Furyataurus said:
At least you change the oil regularly right djv38???
Every 5-6 thousand miles. Thankfully, I don't have any leaks in my engine. My old taurus used to lose a quart of oil every month or 2, which sucked. I hated that car. Got hit in it, and got $500 of insurance money out of it-more than the car was worth :shock:
Junk yard took for $100.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Normally I ran Mobil 1 full synthetic oil but I just got a newer truck and it came with a free oil change, Once that passes I go back to the Mobil 1.

Have not been able to find Royal Purple locally but heard good things about it.

Oh and growing up my friends have worked for those fast lube places, Lets just say I will never trust my vehicle to those idiots, My friend who runs a gun shop had his chevy tranny flushed and they kindly refilled it with Type F ATF fluid.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wish I could find a place to buy it locally, but I doubt my gas mileadge will increase any more. Prior to running forced induction, i was getting 43mpg when on the sticker from the factory it said 29mpg for hwy. :?

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I ran that in my last car but i figured i would give something else a try

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
tqtran said:
Mobile 1 Full Synthetic. Oil change once a year with the yearly service.
My old man uses the same things in his cars....Lambo, r8, rs6, z06,s4, mdx. He said that if thats what they used on his planes (F-16's) all those years it must be good stuff to put in a expensive aircraft

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
coldair said:
iCeMaN said:
not me, I only use Royal purple in my trucks with 17 to 1 compression and the best part is we only change to oil every 20k and zero engine problems
Don't think I have seen you on Coldair....17 to 1 compression eh? Damn what kind of trucks?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts