FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know why I have these issues? I had them on my desktop and thought it was isolated, but have it also on my notebook computer.

Most of the time If I type fast the letter will not appear.

I can't seem to copy or paste also.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Got anti-virus software installed on your computer? Is it up to date? If so and your scans come back clean then I'd check the task manager, assuming you're running Windows. See if you can find a process that's chewing up all your CPU. If you don't know what the process name is then Google it to see if it's something you can safely shut down.

If all else fails, can I interest you in a real operating system? Main Page - Linux Mint

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
No issues here, running firefox for my web browser. My phone on the other hand... yeah, that is sometimes very slow.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Oh, you mean on this site? Sorry, didn't catch that. Definitely try a different browser. If you're running IE do yourself a favor and follow djv38's suggestion and try Firefox. I run Google Chrome and it is also fine. Seriously, guys, IE isn't worth your time.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is only a problem on this site. I thought that maybe the site did it purposely so that you will have to become a supporting member, but I guess not.

I did try chrome and it did the same thing.

What works is if I type someplace else and copy and paste.

·
Vendor
5,657 Posts
When you post... click the "switch editor to source mode" button. The very first button that has the small black "A" and the big blue "A".
I was having the same problem and found this works. You will also be able to copy and paste and use the :? smiley buttons. :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
When you post... click the "switch editor to source mode" button. The very first button that has the small black "A" and the big blue "A".
^^^^This.

Reactions: Donnie

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I have the same problem.. only on this site. it has been driving me crazy... sometimes it does it, sometimes it does not. right now it is working fine. in a few it will probably go back to driving me crazy!! I will try the source mode. thanks for your input.. hope it helps!

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
Use the trick in the post that is two up from yours and it will work properly all the time. :?

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
And it's been covered on here several times. :biggrin:

·
Vendor
1,776 Posts
I had this issue on another site, just that one site, and finally fixed it by switching to another browser. It turned out that IE was creating a loop with the browser software. Switching to Firefox cured it.

The above recco is not my preferred option. It might work, and cudos for recommending it, but having to manually switch your editing mode is a workaround, it is not a solution. The problem shouldn't be there in the first place.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts