FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe they are bumping SG:A for this CRAP.
I mean it sounds and looks like a typically poorly written and badly acted british low-budget scifi series, like that crappy DrWHo and whatnot.

Did I say it is CRAP?

I'm pissed. :cry:

·
Vendor
5,704 Posts
I watched it for a little while but had to change the channel. IT WAS SO LAME! Amanda Tapping has got to be kicking herself for forgoing SGA and SG1 for this crap. :oops:

·
Banned
328 Posts
I watched it. It was OK so I'll give next week's a chance. It has a ton of people involved in it from both Stargate series. The main bad guy is the wraith called Todd and Major Lorne is in it as well. Also one of the Genii from SGA.

The show is Canadian, not British.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
kanthek said:
The main bad guy is the wraith called Todd
Thanks, I knew I heard the voice before but could not place the face.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Glad I wasn't the only one that thought it stunk bigtime.

It really reminds me of a low-budget British scifi show. Poorly written, predictable outcome and really bad acting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
wow you guys are making me wonder about my self now.. :evil:

i kind of liked it..

i didnt think it was bad, i thought the Dr was trying to play Daniel or something. i left it on season pass.

Ronald

·
Banned
328 Posts
I didn't think it was that bad either. Remember a lot of series premieres have been rough and this was was in no way anywhere close to being as bad as you guys describe. Remember shows like "Manimal" or "Galactica 1980"?

It really reminds me of a low-budget British scifi show

Some of the best writing (and acting) on TV has appeared in horrifically low budget British television productions. Stories and dialog from these shows are still being reused to this day.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
kanthek said:
Some of the best writing (and acting) on TV has appeared in horrifically low budget British television productions. Stories and dialog from these shows are still being reused to this day.
Yeah re-used and re-written by people with actual imagination. :-D

I'll check out another episode 'MAYBE' but even the premise of the story-line seemed pretty weak to me. We'll see I guess.

·
Registered
47 Posts
HK SD9 Tactical said:
javi said:
the music was good though!!!..... hated her accent...
Her accent is original. She was born in England and makes her home/work in Canada.
Didnt she move to Canada when she was like two?

If so, I wouldn't say that is her "original" accent, if you hear her speak in any of the SG interviews, she's got a distinctly "Ab-oot" Canadian accent.

I think it's a different kind of show, much less sci fi, much more Fantasy.

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
Its not her real accent. In an interview she stated that she had to learn the "old English" accent. Which is different than current English accent.
Its sort of a blend between "mid-Atlantic" and current English accents.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts