FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[video]http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a25_1393030880#z66Z7Agb2TvzeeOM.99[/video]

This vid was recorded within the last 48 hours. I simply can't fathom whats going on in this, what are they doing running back in there and waiting to be sniped behind one of those paper-thin aluminum shields!?

I guess fighting oppression is a lot harder when there is no right to bear arms...

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
I think Obama would be happy there.....

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
Damn. At about 13 minutes. The protesters try and drag the wounded out but the sniper (or snipers) keep picking them off. These people are armed with baseball bats and broom sticks. They are using fire but can't get any where near the guys with guns. This is what it looks like when the people are disarmed and neutered.

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
Oh and check this link out if you are wondering what gun ownership laws are like in Ukraine.

There are some interesting points here. But its a lefty article so grain of salt and all that.

Of Course the Gun Lobby Is Pouncing on Ukraine to Push Their Pet Cause - The Daily Beast

Euromaiden protests enter their fourth month, Ukraine’s embattled President Yanukovych is turning to one resource where there is no question of his government’s supremacy: firearms. Horrific*images and video*showing men who appear to be members of the Ukrainian security force firing on protestors with sniper rifles and AK-47s have appeared online, the latest escalation in a series of violent engagements that have left close to 100 dead on the streets of Kiev over the past week.

For American gun lobbyists who have cited easy access to firearms as an insurance policy against government oppression, the turmoil in Kiev is a perfect talking point. A nation with restrictive laws governing private gun ownership, Ukraine’s government is in possession of more than seven million guns, a larger stockpile than every other post-Soviet state combined. The cache, largely USSR-era small arms and ammunition, is large enough to fuel conflicts (PDF) as far away as Libya, Chad, and Azerbaijan.

pared to the three million weapons, both legal and illicit, in private Ukrainian hands, the*gulf in firepower is staggering. By comparison, in the United States, there are up to 310 million guns in private hands, and*3.85 million*possessed by the military and police forces. Private possession of handguns in Ukraine is permitted only with a license, approval of which requires an applicant prove a genuine reason to possess a firearm, a list unlikely to include “armed revolution.”

As*ill-protected*Ukrainian protestors face off against a military counterinsurgency armed with the world’ssixth-largest inventory*of small arms, rank-and-file supporters of the right to bear arms are decrying restrictive gun laws both in Ukraine and the U.S

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Do they seriously think those shields will protect them? I saw at least a couple people get shot right through them.

That is absolutely awful. They're just sitting ducks out there, several get shot in the back as well.

·
Registered
811 Posts
What a bunch of bull****. Also snipers my ass. That sounded way more like someone shooting indiscriminately into the group not caring what they hit.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
That's f-ing crazy right there. No sniping just a full out bullet riddle into the crowd and shooting the wounded as the medics carry them away-crazy stuff right there!

Regards,
BigBuckeyeGuy!

·
Registered
820 Posts
In this , the final day of the Olympics, we see some progress for the Freedom fighters in the Ukraine.
Old prez/ prime minister ..released from jail.. new leader in the process of being removed... & on the run,
No plans for U.S. to help the persecuted Citizens of a country that shows efforts to be our ally.

Wondering now, what Obama would try , in helping ...freedom fighters and citizens, if the same...leathality, and horrific agression,
were taking place in Ethiopia?

·
Registered
961 Posts
There is evidence that folks outside of the Ukraine are financing some of the folks over there in an attempt to hijack the movement for their own means (Soros is the name most used). Even the Ukrainians are saying there are outside influences. Hard to rely on any internet story, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I wonder how many (if any) of the police and military has taken the side of the people?

How do you stand up and fire on unarmed citizens no matter how little you agree with their political views?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts