FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ukrainian Gun Owner Association calls for "Right to Bear Arms" in their Consituttion

Ukrainian Gun Owners Association?s official statement

"Today every citizen of Ukraine understands why our country has hundreds of thousands of policemen. Last illusions were crushed when riot police used rubber batons and boots at the Independence Square on peaceful citizens.
After such actions we realize that it is not enough to only adopt the Gun Law.
As of today Ukrainian Gun Owners Association will start to work on the preparation of amendments to the Constitution, which will provide an unconditional right for Ukrainian citizens to bear arms.

People should have the right to bear arms, which will be put in written into the Constitution.
Authorities should not and will not be stronger than its people!
Armed people are treated with respect!
Proposed changes to the Constitution."(This link is not translated from Ukrainian, the English option doesn't work.)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Hopefully common sense prevails and it goes through. If every Ukrainian household had a firearm, I'm sure the Russians would be MUCH more hesitant to invade their country and kick doors down.
I agree with you 100%; Putin has not forgotten what happened to them in Afghanistan. A well armed populace will make hell for an occupying force. Every nation should follow the Swiss example: The United States should follow suit an issue an M16 & 1911 with every draft card; now that would be an entitlement I would support!

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Hope they get it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts