FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I finally finished the FS2000 assessory I wanted.
I now have a second Barrel Group.
The original, came with the gun, Barrel Group is on the table with an EOTech 512 and G33 magnifier. This one is great for near distances out to about 100 yds.
The spare is mounted on the main body. Got a good Black Friday deal on the Weaver Super Slam 3-15x50 Illuminated Reticle scope. This one should be good for distances beyond 100 yds. I will zero it somewhere around 200 or 300 yds.
Both Barrel Groups are outfitted with Judochop handles.
The Rear Sling Mount, VTAC sling and H&K clips make a great carry arrangement.
I am very pleased.
It took just shy of a year to complete this project.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Awesome; well done!

Well, I finally finished the FS2000 assessory I wanted.
I now have a second Barrel Group.
The original, came with the gun, Barrel Group is on the table with an EOTech 512 and G33 magnifier. This one is great for near distances out to about 100 yds.
The spare is mounted on the main body. Got a good Black Friday deal on the Weaver Super Slam 3-15x50 Illuminated Reticle scope. This one should be good for distances beyond 100 yds. I will zero it somewhere around 200 or 300 yds.
Both Barrel Groups are outfitted with Judochop handles.
The Rear Sling Mount, VTEC sling and H&K clips make a great carry arrangement.
I am very pleased.
It took just shy of a year to complete this project.

·
Registered
8,493 Posts
Hey--- that give me an ideA--- I have a standard, could I do a second upper with it being a tactical upper? That would be sick!!- any use of cost?

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Nice!!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Credit Where Credit is Due

I want to thank Sarge for supplying about 95% of the parts I needed to assemble the new Barrel Group. For several of the parts there was no other source available and even when there was Sarge's prices are always better.
He also sold me the Rear Sling Mount, VTAC sling, and H&K clips. Thanks for recommending them Sarge. I have been trying out the sling and it is everything you said it would be.
I know Sarge gets abuse from some people in this forum and I thought I would take a moment to balance the scales and say something nice. :?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow, cool. I didn't even know that you could swap barrel groups on that rifle.
Now if I just had an uncommitted million dollars, for my next trick I would produce a Barrel Group and Moving Parts Group for some different calibers...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey--- that give me an ideA--- I have a standard, could I do a second upper with it being a tactical upper? That would be sick!!- any use of cost?
Ask Sarge to work up a price quote for the pieces / parts. The main trick is going to be the barrel. I snatched up a lightly used one Sarge offered for a good price. Barrels are nearly impossible to get so who knows when the next one will be available or what the price will be.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts