FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd have sworn someone posted about this here but I'll be damned if I can find the thread now.

http://www.theshootersbox.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=388

Looked at one of these at my local gun range\store. Pretty nice unit and it's small. Guess it's meant for a pistol but also mentioned for shotgun and rifle. Thinking about getting it for the PS90. The dot is bright and sharp and stood out well against a bright background and the hood blends away when you focus down range.

TruGlo makes a very similar unit for a little more money but I've yet to see one in person. Picture wise the two appear to be the exact same optic which I suppose is very possible.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...parentType=index&indexId=cat601603&hasJS=true

Anyone have firsthand, real world experience with either optic?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Judging by the number of responses to this question here and on other boards it looks like I'll be the first to buy one. :wink:

Just placed my order with UltradotWest. Price was as cheap as anywhere else, shipping was free and I didn't need to create another "User Account" just to buy something from them.

Since I ways already online and spending money I also ordered another ERT sling and some extra attachment bits for my AR pistols and to try out a two point option on the PS90 with an M.I. HK attachment which I also just ordered.

Perhaps I'll go read a book before the interweb spends all my cash.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I was going to say pass on that $200 truglo unit and buy the $60 CMMG version (same damn thing), but I'm too late.

I absolutely LOVE my $60 halo/reflex sight! At 25 yards, it's accurate as hell and has kept sight at about 800 rounds. It's got 4 different patterns and 7 different brightness levels. I have left the battery on since I bought it well over a month ago and it's just as bright. I have pictures in the photo section under my name.

Be sure to post up a review of your sight though! I'm interested on how it shoots, but for the money, it better shoots almost as well as the eotechs!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Figures as soon as I post someone has a comment. :D

I've looked at that sight, and other similar units. The one I purchased is about half that size, I **** you not. Tiny little thing but the "window" is about the same size.

And if all else fails I'll mount it on my Ruger 22 pistol and get rid of the POS Millett tube-style red dot currently taking up space there.

A report will be forth coming. Since it's coming from the West Coast I probably won't have a chance to use it until late next though.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Yes, sorry no one gave you any advice. Let us know how it works.

I think most people here have used ACOGs, Aimpoints, Eotechs or the stock sight.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ShipWreck said:
Yes, sorry no one gave you any advice. Let us know how it works.

I think most people here have used ACOGs, Aimpoints, Eotechs or the stock sight.
Thanks but no worries on this end. There's so many optic and firearm options out there you can't expect to get an answer to every question about a certain combo.

At least in a week or so we can put a check mark next to this particular setup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts