FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can get 500 rounds of 115 gr Remington UMC at my local Dick's for $89.80, or $8.98 for a box of 50. So far, this is the best deal I've been able to find. Should I stock up or look for other brands (haven't fired UMC ever)?

·
Registered
48 Posts
If there is an Academy Sports near you they currently have CCI Blazer on sale for $7.49 per box. It is aluminum cased, but shoots very well in all of my pistols. Clean and reliable.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No Academy Sports near me (never even heard of them). MC Sports has Wolf for $8.99 a box and CCI Blazer for $9-something

·
Registered
302 Posts
You need to test some first! Many guns are very pickey on this ammo, hell I even had a Glock 19 hang up on me with this ammo and my open bolt M-11/9 run away on me with a 50 round mag shooting it.

Its VERY underpowered but some guns are alright with it. While you need to go for a great deal like that make sure you test it.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have an FNP-9, and so far, I have not had any troubles with Winchester and Magtech. It also sounds like these guns will run just about anything you throw at them too, so it should be alright. Thanks for letting me know it's underpowered ammo though :?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Sonds good for 9mm.
I got 500 of UMC .45 ACP for 14.60 per box at Dick's. I have 200 thru my FNP-45 OK, but some Steyr users say the 9mm is prone to causing problems (but not in mine so far)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts