1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UMW plans stoppage over NRA filming

By TIM HUBER | AP Business Writer
September 22, 2008

CHARLESTON, W.Va. - President Cecil Roberts says the United Mine Workers is planning a brief work stoppage at a Consol Energy mine after what the union contends was an attempt to get miners to badmouth Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama on camera.

Roberts said the union will call the memorial period at Consol's Blacksville No. 2 mine next week. UMW contracts allow the periods, which halt production by allowing members a day off.

Roberts says Consol allowed a National Rifle Association camera crew to ask UMW workers at the Monongalia County mine leading questions suggesting Obama opposes gun ownership.

NRA spokesman Andrew Arulanandam said Monday the crew was on the property with the mine's permission and had no troubles with the miners it interviewed.

http://www.dailypress.com/news/local/virginia/dp-wv--nra-umw0922sep22,0,327903.story

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I guess simply answering the questions in favor of obama was too much to ask huh? I hate what union officials have become. I apologize to any union workers. They had a purpose when they first were created. Now they just seem to be a corupt bunch of spoiled babies with too much power. Looking for a reason to flex their muscles and take a day off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts