FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've never hit this particular speedbump before, so I'm kind of stuck here.

My Windham WW15 came in this morning and is sitting right next to me, mocking me. My boss is also refusing to do my background check as a prank.

So I'm now wondering: is there any regulations against doing your own background check? This isn't only out of impatience, but genuine curiosity as well, now. Anyone got any idea?

·
Registered
25,418 Posts
You aren't doing the actual background check. Now, if you provided false information... then I could see a problem.

·
Premium Member
10,669 Posts
Yep, as long as the info supplied to nics is correct, you get an approval code/number, you should be good to go!!

On a sidenote, if you boss is that big of a Dick, I would definately leave him a big bag of flaming dogshit on his doorstep down the road :p

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He did the check around ten minutes after I posted this thread, but it had turned into curiosity. I was wondering because I'm not allowed to write down the answers for a blind/illiterate man filling out the form, even if he tells me what to write down. According to my local rep, I need a non-employee to represent the man and fill the form out for him, with two extra witnesses to signature the form. I think in the end I was thinking more than I needed to.

Well, my boss likes to pull small pranks like that, and I didn't really mind. Sometimes he has stuff shipped into the shop in Scar 17 boxes, which will get me REALLY hyped up until I find out it was his AR that he sent off to get etched or something like that.

Nothing like the time I worked in a hunting shop. I'd leave for two weeks and find a stack of unfiled and unlogged 4473s and 3310s when I returned. The excuse? I had a system going on that they didn't understand, and they didn't want to ruin it. I, who had worked there for one month part time, was told this by the full time managers who had worked there two years. And while I'm not OCD, I don't like coming back from a weekend to find two hundred pounds worth of broken ammo boxes strewn all over the back gun room.

I could tell you horror stories about that store. And it's address and FFL number, and a long list of violations I witnessed and openly protested against while I worked there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts