FN Herstal Firearms banner
81 - 100 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Good info! Couple of questions for you:
Any reason to use the Lubriplate SFL-0 over their firearm specific gun grease? SFL Gun Grease | Lubriplate Lubricants Co.
What's your bore cleaning schedule and process?
Thanks!
SFL-0 has the same PSI and an acceptable temperature range for my purposes without being toxic. Tim Lafrance, Dick Swan, Eugene Stoner, etc all died of cancer and many many more lifelong gun guys I know(including myself) are almost all getting sick from handling all of these chemicals. I could lick SFL-0 off of my fingers with no ill effects if I felt like it. If you can go with a non-toxic option then by all means do it. You'll thank me later albeit posthumously, lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
The question is how long before consumable parts start to break. there's a video put out by some outfit in Vegas that rent's out select fire SCARs and If my memory is correct they said the 16 averaged around 20,000 rds before parts breakage.
Wrong. BFLV said the SCAR is their longest lasting, most reliable/durable rifle they have in their entire inventory (including HK's)

·
Registered
23 Posts
the HK MR 762 (Ive got 2 of em) beats it for reliability (special forces, delta force using same) , and the AK47 (a good one) by 1000 miles

Sorry, but you dont know what youre talking about.

ALL GUNS ON EARTH have CONSUMABLE PARTS , extractors, springs, etc. ALL
LMAO NO! Battlefield Las Vegas shoots hundreds of thousands of rounds each month. They're on record saying the SCAR is the most durable/reliable rifle platform they have in their entire inventory. That includes HK's and AK's.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
its laughable for anyone to buy a SCAR 16, ....for the same price you can get FOUR ultra-high quality AR15s.

in that video the short little guy said "NOTHING EVER BREAKS (on the SCAR16)"....>....WTF ROFL !!!!!!

thats 10000000% TOTAL LIE,
hardcore TOTAL LIE, ......all guns have consumable parts.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
its laughable for anyone to buy a SCAR 16, ....for the same price you can get FOUR ultra-high quality AR15s.

in that video the short little guy said "NOTHING EVER BREAKS (on the SCAR16)"....>....WTF ROFL !!!!!!

perhaps, but if you can only take one rifle out into the field, i'd rather have the one least likely to break. the other 3 aren't going to help me one bit, and i can only shoot one at a time.
that said, i don't care what people choose. i don't have a 5.56 anything. no use for it.

·
Registered
799 Posts

What do you consider an ultra high quality ar15?

I read your post and thought "scar16's are 8 grand now"?

·
Registered
2,073 Posts

so anyway, i wanted to make sure you're okay, and nothing i said upset you too much.
feel free to have your husband or boyfriend send me a pm if needed.

·
Registered
23 Posts

I mean they're pretty much the most reliable source out there. Dude hated the SCAR's when he first bought them for BFLV. They have every other gun imaginable at their disposal. Why tf would they lie 😂😂😂😂

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I mean they're pretty much the most reliable source out there. Dude hated the SCAR's when he first bought them for BFLV. They have every other gun imaginable at their disposal. Why tf would they lie 😂😂😂😂
lol, some people have scar derangement syndrome..and of course there are ar-15s that cost about the same...

·
Registered
799 Posts
$3200+ (SCAR 16) is about 4X the cost of any decent high quality AR15
i stated it accurately

I could buy a dozen SCAR 16 tomorrow...(if i were intellectually inept to do so).
Maybe I would understand your point of view better if you'd list what brands you think of as high quality and what brands you think of as low quality.

81 - 100 of 121 Posts