FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This evening I again tried another NIW FDE Pmag (12/08 Manufacture) and it also did drop free. This mag has never been loaded either. I then unloaded one of my older black Pmags (11/07 Manufacture) and tried it in the rifle. It did not drop free when empty. I thought that the second mag didn't drop free because it had been stored fully loaded for at least six months.I then found a NIW black Pmag with a 11/07 manufacture date and it wouldn't drop free either. Now it appears as though there must a slight different between the mags with a 11/07 and 12/08 manufacture date. What this difference is, other than fit, I cannot attest to. Just a little FYI.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Great information. Thanks. 8 of my PMAGS are pretty old, like the first batch they did. The other 30 or so I got right before the election, so I should be cool. I just ordered 5 HK 416 Maritime mags just for the heck of it, but I'm sure the EMAGS will work. My understanding is the E in EMAGS is in reference to European type carbines. ie, the 416, the SCAR, FS2000.

mgpatty, have you seen the Magpul Dynamics DVD? Chris & Travis utilize a cool technique when they eject mags, I wonder if it would work with the old ones. They sort of cant the rifle real fast while pressing the mag release. It flicks the mag out.

Thanks again for the update. I can't wait to get my gun. I am so fighting the urge of buying a $5k SCAR on GB, it's killing me. I know I'll be sorry I did it in 3 months. ( BTW, I just sold a MP5, that's why I have the $$ to throw away. I reason it's just a gun for a gun..lol )

1 - 2 of 2 Posts